“Lovely cafe to take your Mum too”

Little Frimley Kitchen
Ranked #9 of 23 Quick Bites in Hastings
Description: Small bakery focusing on takeout, handmade food. Using local produce, handmade puff pastry with no additives and export quality meat.
Reviewed 25 February 2020

Delicious home cooking . The lemon-curd donut was absolutely gorgeous . The staff are very kind and polite and don't worry if an older person can't make up their mind about what to eat.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank 935lynettel

Reviewed 5 September 2019

Called in to get goodies to take to family for morning tea. I stood at the counter for several minutes waiting to be served while the barista looked up and then ignored me and the three other staff members continued with what they were doing - none bothered to say that someone would be with me or even acknowledge me. In the end I said to one staff member - excuse me can I please buy something??? She was very friendly once she was serving me and the selection of goodies I chose were delicious. My daughter stopped in to buy some lunch to have on our way back to Taupo and had the same experience. Both times the staff members were not actually serving customers - apart from the barista making a coffee. Such a shame the service doesn't match the top food.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank njp67
Reviewed 13 July 2019 via mobile

They open nice and early so I can pick up a coffee on my way to work nice and quickly. The coffee is great no matter who makes it, the staff and friendly and obviously like one another and work well as a team. It is s happy place. The sandwiches will keep you going until dinner and the baking is to die for. Those donuts and cheese scones are so good. Great to have such a high quality neighborhood venue and see so many people employed.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Who would think it? a real estate ad led me to Little Frimley Kitchen. I was served a super flat white and had a hard time choosing from wide selection of gluten free delicacies. The patio was immaculate. Buy your next house in the Frimley neighborhood, a slice of paradise.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

First visit - met 2 friends here and enjoyed delicious homemade soup with generous helping of bread - I had really good toasted bread sandwich (indulgence). Understand this is more of a “call in and take away” when reading an earlier review but we were lucky to get seats. Great coffee, well made and hot. On my list to head back and share other treats with friends. Doughnuts looked amazing! Great range of gluten free treats too.

Date of visit: September 2018