Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
jaznz
Mahia Beach, New Zealand

4 night stay

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Feb 2016
Me and 2 other adults stayed in a unit with a bedroom. I found my bed fine but the others found the queen bed very hard and they didn't have a good night sleep during our stay. I was impressed with the service of the reception letting us check in after 9pm and the daily service for towels etc. One day the staff even washed our dishes which they didn't need to do.
Sadly though the motel really needed a freshen up decor wise. The shower head either needed a dip in CLR or renewing, as the shower spray was not very good.
I lost a SD card for my camera and while trying to find it a pair of someone elses socks were found under a bed and lots of foreign crumbs and fluff. The owner was going to recheck and see if the card turns up at the cleaning after I left. I hope it did but haven't heard from them yet. Internet, TV channels, fridge space and crockery supplies were good. A fan would have been nice and I'm sure they would have given us one if we had asked. Good value for money? Ok I think.
Date of stay: February 2016
    • Vio.com
    • eDreams
    18.2 km from Elmore Lodge Motel
    View more hotels in Hastings
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 22 January 2016

stayed a night to be close to the hospital which is just across the road. as someone else has said its a bit dated but clean.and the light was an issue in the top unit. but it has everything you need and being so close to the hospital is brilliant. very comfy bed too. didnt use the pool but it looked clean. would stay again its a good price for the location.

Room tip: a downstairs unit if you need a dark room.
    Date of stay: January 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 3 January 2016

Rooms are a good size and both room and bathroom are clean and tidy. The room is dated but for $120 a night that is not and issue. The hosts are helpful and friendly.

The only complaint would be that the rooms upstairs do not get dark because of the lights shining through the top of the arched roof. This was a little frustrating.

Room tip: Get a room on the ground floor so your room isn't too light for a good quality sleep.
    Date of stay: January 2016
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    1  Thank Trailertroll
    Reviewed 18 June 2015

Couldn't ask for nicer more caring hosts. Made my stay memorable. Great location, in town, and opposite the hospital. Best place to stay for hospital visits. Lovely garden location, quiet. Had a great pool which I didnt use, but wonderful for families as units were very spacious

Date of stay: July 2014
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 22 March 2015

Bruce & Jan
    Fantastic friendly service. I can't thank you enough for going out of your way to help me with my crisis. I loved the funky upstairs room you provided for me. Clean, comfortable, good value for money and well located. Thank you.

Date of stay: March 2015
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 25 December 2014

Fantastic hosts. Jan and Bruce really go out of their way to help and offer local knowledge. Nothing is too much trouble. Lovely people. The actual motel is very dated and tired. The unit had everything we needed though and the swimming pool was fantastic. Probably wouldn't stay here again due to the actual unit, but the hosts were amazing.

Date of stay: December 2014