Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sue S

none

Review of Angus Inn Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Mar 2017
We attended a family bereavement that was bad enough , and not being able to find other accomadation due to a national horse event , the Angus was the only place we could find , thank goodness we were booked for two nights only. On arrival there were presumably fruit pickers not sure what nationality maybe from Papua New Guinea congregating outside the main entrance , quite intimating thank goodess my husband was with me . reception area smelly , receptionist gave me the impression she did not want to be there,. Made our way down a dark and musky smelling corridor , into our room , same stuffy & smelly . Bathroom , shower curtain filthy no face towels , only a soap dispenser ( had our own toiletries ) Bed : hard as bloody concrete the worse bed I have ever slept in , I was to afraid to look at the state of the mattress . Would not recommend to my worst enemy , and they had the cheek to charge $125 a night . never again Angus , place needs a bloody over-haul.
Date of stay: March 2017
outside the units
    $227
1.2 km from Angus Inn Hotel
Free parking
Large room spare bed and spotless
    $222
1.8 km from Angus Inn Hotel
Spa
    $261
2.3 km from Angus Inn Hotel
Free parking
Roses in Summertime - owner's seasonal pool which guests are welcome to use.
    $188
    $145
0.1 km from Angus Inn Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Hastings
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2017

The chef and kitchen staff are friendly
My employer Tranzit Coach lines Wellington had booked a room for me to stay for 7 days.
The cleaning staff 24/02/2017 left my room open for anyone to walk in and take my personal items.
There were a couple of fruit picker groups, that were on my floor, as I came back to the motel late in the evening some of the fruit pickers were in the corridor drinking.

This room had a permeated foul smell, no air conditioning or bar fridge
This was a 3 bunk bed, total of six beds, dirty stained pillows, foam mattresses, the towels, flannels were frayed and smelled terribly.
Overall this was a room not fit for my dog to stay in.
Laundry room, looks like a fire or electrical hazardous area.

I complained to the manager Ellen, taken one off the smelly pillows to the front desk.
I asked if she can come to room 843 to investigate and Ellen said no!
There was another lady with Ellen and she said, if you are unhappy with the room you can leave.
Managers customer service is unprofessional and with a very very poor standard of communication.
This is the worst place I have stayed in

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank TaniaR2375
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Imagine you are standing on the Las Vegas strip. It's 1974 and you are looking for a hotel. Bam on the right you can see the Angus Inn Hotel , you walk in to this very modern hotel, you check in and see a super fancy room in organge and green colors....

Joke a side, this hotel is in a big need of a refurbishment. The carpet, furniture and beds needs to be replaced, redo the bathrooms. The bed clothes were clean and fresh, and the cleaning was ok. The Hotel has a pool, looked clean but also this needs a refurb.

I wouldn't stay here again

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Majqvist
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here and we paid more $$ to have a nice view and easy get to for the pool-we open our ranch slider to find ducks in the pool. The room and hallway leading to room had a nasty old smell. The staff member the next morning was asleep at the counter. We left a short behind and arranged to have a prepaid courier bag for it to be returned and they posted in the post rather than calling the courier company to come to hotel as arranged. Would not recommend this place at all.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank TeenaW42
Reviewed 26 November 2016

I'll start by saying the Staff were friendly. That is about all the positives that I can say about this place. It was old, smelt terrible, my room wasn't properly cleaned everyday and the internet was worse than dial up. This is the worst place I have stayed in New Zealand. It wasn't a choice to stay there as work organized it but most of us who stayed passed on feedback and my work will not be using the hotel again. Also Freight Trains...all night.

Room tip: Don't stay there
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank MrsOchiai
Reviewed 26 September 2016

This Hotel is in need of major remodelling - it's classic 1980's, making it very out dated. Room was clean and okay but overpriced for its aged condition and amenities, or lack of. Ate at the on-site restaurant but can not recommend eating here as totally and utterly overpriced for the lack-luster meals, very disappointing. There is no available EFTPOS at the bars, you have to go back to reception to get your cash out - bizzare.
This place worked for the big even we were attending but I would reluectantly stay here again and defiently not eat here again.
Will eagerly look forward to reading the place has had a huge re-furbish done and a total rehaul of the restaurant food.
Defienetly a 2.5/3 star establishment.

Room tip: currently poolside rooms a slight more modern decor than car park rooms
Date of stay: September 2016