“Excellent Experience”

Cod & Lobster Brasserie
Ranked #5 of 212 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Description: Cod & Lobster Brasserie is a seafood restaurant and cocktail bar located in the heart of Nelson. Enjoy the best seafood from around New Zealand, meticulously mixed cocktails and fresh, regional fare - including beef, lamb and venison. Open for brunch, lunch, dinner and tapas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was our second visit for dinner here & we will keep returning. We didn't have a booking, but were made welcome & a table was sorted for us. The food was fantastic, the ambience perfect, the service impeccable & the Chilean red wine definitely recommended. I got the fillet steak & hubby got the blue cod, both were very yummy. Rebecca looked after us, with perfection being obvious to her hospitality skills. But credit to all the staff, it was clear that they all worked well as a team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I decided to dine here given the reviews and convenient location. I’m glad that I did.

Being weary after an early start and flight, I opted for a light meal of seafood chowder and a side of tumeric cauliflower with a creamy tahini sauce. The seafood chowder was good. It wasn’t a potato gulg with precious little seafood as I’ve experienced previously but a light fish stock and cream soup base with two prawns, two mussels, two clams and some fish pieces served with two small slices of toasted good quality sour dough. The turmeric cauliflower was delicious - baked to a firm texture with a light sauce. The glass of wine that I ordered was perfect. The bill was $42.

The meal was lovely and I started eating before I remembered to take photographs .

Service was excellent as was the undercover outdoor area with a vertical garden. There are also outdoor areas close to the street and an indoor white linen dining area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a beautiful meal here with a lovely Waitress from Liverpool. Such a professional and lovely lady!! Learnt a lot about gin with over 200 types in the bar! Awesome to be able to get a glass of premium wine too without having to buy a bottle. Food was excellent!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food delicious, service excellent and very good value for money. I would highly recommend and will certainly return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a big dinner with friends here ... great service and nice food especially the Cream brûlée’s with prunes! And of course great blue cod fresh ...