“A favourite spot”

Rabbit Island Coffee Co
Ranked #23 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Nelson
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Description: A specialty espresso, gourmet milkshake & smoothie bar in a paddock. Find us just off the Great Taste Trail or 7 min drive from Richmond.
Reviewed 15 January 2017

LOVE this place.... great coffee out of a little container. So pleased they had yummy bagels and ginger loaf when I visited with my two year old on the way back from the beach. Love visiting here mid-bike ride or after beach visits to sit in the sun and relax.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Because I am often so disappointed by bought coffee, I very rarely buy one. After sipping the takeaway coffee my husband had bought from Rabbit Island Coffee, I raced in to get my own. That was 5 weeks ago and I still think about how good that coffee was. Can we please have a Rabbit Island Coffee in Christchurch ?!!!

Alberta5656, Owner at Rabbit Island Coffee Co, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Hi Bridget
Thanks so much. I just read this and you have made our day!.
We will be open again for the summer season starting Nov 2016.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

Went there last weekend after going for a dog walk, great service with a smile and great people, the smoothie wasn't to bad either! It is not a restaurant and I didn't order any food (would be good to be able to skip that part of the review thanks tripadvisor!)

Thank you kindly.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Excellent espresso and latte. We made a detour to grab some coffee based on high ratings. Minimal food on sale at the moment due to a dodgy interpretation of law by local council. Definitely worth the detour. And they have a café up in Mapua as well.

Thanks for the kind words.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

Pleasantly surprised to find this cafe in Mapua - at last a decent coffee in such a magical place. And beaut real fruit ice-creams for the kids. A touch of class. Staff were super friendly and cafe spotless. Nice to see what's going on in the kitchen. Busy, busy and everyone calm and pleasant. Great stuff. We'll be back.

Thank you so much.