Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Greens motel is everything that we were looking for... it is a perfect place to stay in Nelson.. everything super clean and organised. I highly recommended for family and couples.. the beds are super comfortable too.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2020

My wife & I have just been to Nelson & stayed 2 Nights at Greens Motel. It was a Excellent Motel. It was Spotlessly Clean & Tidy. Everyone was very Polite Friendly & Helpful. It is out by Tahuananui Beach & Right beside The Golf Course & The Airport. I Thoroughly Recommend Greens Motel.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 2 February 2019 via mobile

Only 10 minutes out of Nelson. Upper floor room with two double beds. Twin hob stove, fridge, microwave. Spacious. Highly recommended. Supermarket short drive away as well as Isel Historic Home with wonderful gardens and huge trees planted in 1850 within a couple of kilometres.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2019

Hidden in a housing estate next to the golf course is Greens motel, which we chose due to its closeness to the airport.

The rooms were big, but like a lot of other places in South Island, had no air conditioning. Some work well without it, some dont. It was only 26C in the day but the room was hotter than outside. The fan provided just blew the hot air around, and we even left the windows open - we had an early flight so the aircraft noise didn't bother us. It was too hot to sleep, and I had to get up in the night for a cold shower. This and only having one pillow each meant we barely slept at all. The bed wasn't brilliant either.

However, clean and tidy and close to the airport and not a bad price. Might be fine in winter, but not when it's hot.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank shaunsouthern
Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

I wonder if racism is rearing its ugly head in NZ now that tourism is blossoming. Felt a little brushed-off by the male owner. His wife, on the phone, was quite rude. But this is their anger/battle to fight. I’m reviewing the property, and despite the unpleasant hosts, the room was great as was the location near the airport. Man picked us up at the airport, but no identifying marks or actual pick up location was discussed. So I called the number, his wife answered, and was very rude before hanging up. Alas, it’s their inner demons. Not mine. I did not let this interaction foul up our month in the gorgeous South Island. Most NZ folks are the nicest people I’ve met anywhere during my travels.

Date of stay: March 2018