“Great breakfast!”

Deville
Ranked #19 of 205 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Deville is an indoor outdoor family friendly licensed cafe. Dining style is casual/eclectic using ingredients from the Nelson region. Great representation of local wines and craft beers.
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I ordered the eggs benedict with bacon, the eggs were perfectly cooked and the whole grain toast was super yum! Highly recommend

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Best quesadillas in town! Seen lots of good review on the chowder so give it go, its nice but not the way I like it, a little less creamy than others. I'll still come back for the quesadillas. Love the outdoor garden settings, very relaxing and comfortable. Great place to hang for a relaxing afternoon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We love sitting in the courtyard here. The eggs were brilliant and staff accommodating to changes on the menu.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Deville is an institution in Nelson's packed coffee scene. Situated in what was a garden centre back in the 1970's and 80's, most of the cafe is in an enclosed courtyard with some inside tables in a cosy space next to the counter and kitchens. I love Deville's atmosphere - all kinds of Nelsonians and tourists come in for a coffee and their excellent food. Their date scones are big, full of dates and delicious, especially if you come in early when they are just out of the oven. Another favourite is the Caesar Salad. It's a busy cafe and sometimes there's a bit of a wait for your order to arrive so maybe not a place to go if you're in a tearing hurry. But otherwise, Deville can't be beaten as one of Nelson's many gems.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I've been in a few times (because other people want to go). More often than not, they've give me a small coffee rather than the large that I always order. Last time, I waited 45 minutes for a flat white, long after everyone else in my group and finished theirs, and long after others who had arrived and order well after me had been served, with hopeless staff members coming over several times, then returning because they forgot my order - then bringing me the wrong coffee, again, in a small size.