“Thank you”

Deville
Ranked #25 of 212 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Deville is an indoor outdoor family friendly licensed cafe. Dining style is casual/eclectic using ingredients from the Nelson region. Great representation of local wines and craft beers.
Reviewed 22 April 2018

We love sitting in the courtyard here. The eggs were brilliant and staff accommodating to changes on the menu.

1  Thank Ehehe

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Deville is an institution in Nelson's packed coffee scene. Situated in what was a garden centre back in the 1970's and 80's, most of the cafe is in an enclosed courtyard with some inside tables in a cosy space next to the counter and kitchens. I love Deville's atmosphere - all kinds of Nelsonians and tourists come in for a coffee and their excellent food. Their date scones are big, full of dates and delicious, especially if you come in early when they are just out of the oven. Another favourite is the Caesar Salad. It's a busy cafe and sometimes there's a bit of a wait for your order to arrive so maybe not a place to go if you're in a tearing hurry. But otherwise, Deville can't be beaten as one of Nelson's many gems.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I've been in a few times (because other people want to go). More often than not, they've give me a small coffee rather than the large that I always order. Last time, I waited 45 minutes for a flat white, long after everyone else in my group and finished theirs, and long after others who had arrived and order well after me had been served, with hopeless staff members coming over several times, then returning because they forgot my order - then bringing me the wrong coffee, again, in a small size.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Found it recommended on Trip Advisor. Stopped in Nelson for a lay day on a hiking tour. My wife and I walked over for breakfast. Hard to spot, behind a link fence, but cute and funky with a partially covered patio/deck in front and inside tables. Free wifi worked well. Order your food and pay and they give you a number and serve you when it’s ready. We had cappuccino- excellent, and shared a warm savory muffin and the poached eggs on toast with grilled haloumi cheese. Sharing is the way to go- it was plenty for both of us. And the food was incredibly good with a middle eastern flavor. No pressure - we hung around and talked and could have had another coffee if we wanted. A lot of locals came in and out and a couple of people were working from their tables. Nice low key place with excellent food. Breakfast and lunch only. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We went this place for lunch and ordered quesadillas and thick shakes. I really love the interior, the foods were amazing and staffs were nice and friendly. But the thick shakes were way too sweet for us.