All reviews shower over the bath public areas comfortable hotel good size conference venue great town central location new zealand reception staff bars and restaurants bit dated mini bar trafalgar street free wifi appointed rooms room was large a lovely place to stay
Reviewed 23 August 2018

The staff at this hotel were amazing. 5 star customer service. Sadly tho the hotel appeared rather dated. I appreciated the glass door on the shower instead of a shower curtain, but the bathroom in my room was tiny. The rest of the room was a decent size. The beds were comfy but it could do with a refurb and some more powerpoints maybe even a USB port. The heating was noisy and I ended up having to turn it off because while it was self adjusting it had been set too high and the room was rather hot. Had heard a lot about this hotel but i didn't think it lived up to its reputation

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AlexanderSiebentritt, General Manager at Rutherford Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear Holly M,

thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your review. I will share your encouraging feedback with our team.
At the same time I am sorry to hear that the rest of your experience may have put a slight "damper" on your stay and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration for any future improvement hear at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards

The team at Rutherford Hotel Nelson.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Stayed here for work recently. The location is really handy, in walking distance from everything I needed to do. Reception were super helpful, especially when I had to get some extra scanning and emailing done later in the night. Unlike one of the other reviewers I didn't pay for internet? Room was really nice, and view superb.

But the real surprise was the room service dinner. I love salmon and often eat it, but this salmon dish completely transcended anything I have eaten recently. It was something else. I can see why that restaurant wins awards. What a nice surprise after a long busy day....

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AlexanderSiebentritt, General Manager at Rutherford Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear mainlanderfolks,

We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I will gladly share your encouraging feedback with our team here at the hotel. Our culinary team led by our executive chef certainly have put a lot of effort in developing a menu focusing on what our region has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon on your next business or leisure trip to Nelson.

Best regards

The team at Rutherford Hotel Nelson ~A Heritage Hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights for the special conference rate. Rather over priced and byo ed my own Bfast or it was going through be $21 for continental. Conference venue and catering was good and nice staff and clean older style room. WiFi was awful, slow and kept logging me out which was rather annoying given I had work to do

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear BexMay_12,

thank you for taking the time to leave us your review.
I am sorry to learn that your stay wasn't as enjoyable as you may have hoped.
We do believe that our pricing structure reflects our services. Our continental buffet is rich with a diversity of different food types from freshly cut fruits to home made breads and musli. The breakfast also includes juices and coffee. If you however feel like a lighter breakfast perhaps you wish to choose from our a la carte breakfast with prices ranging from $13 - $21 or try our express breakfast for $12 also including tea/coffee and juice.
Our wifi works generally very good with fast connections and good coverage throughout the hotel, if a guest finds having trouble with connectivity we have a 24hr free help desk that is able to resolve most issues quick and efficiently. However I will pass your comments on to our IT team to double check our wifi system.
I will gladly share your comments about our staff with the team here at the hotel.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards

The team at Rutherford Hotel Nelson ~A Heritage Hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

needed to stay overnight in Nelson - the Rutherford was the choice to be.
despite the Hotel felt being established in the 80's - rooms were spacious and clean.
service at the front desk was friendly.
Internet (WiFi) had to be purchased - should ne a free service nowadays - we are not in the 80's anymore

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AlexanderSiebentritt, General Manager at Rutherford Hotel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Jo_Chen_Lah,

thank you very much for taking the time to leave us you're review.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will gladly share your comments about your service experience with our front desk team.

We do offer 1GB of free wifi which has uncapped speed. We constantly review our wifi policy and allowances, as prices from our suppliers are changing I am confident there will be more data offerings in the future.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards the team at Rutherford Hotel Nelson ~A Heritage Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We loved this hotel with its fantastic staff.

The interior has an "old worldy" ambience in the public areas. The room was spacious with a pleasant urban view. It is located in the centre of the CBD within walking distance to a variety of cafes. There are plenty of short and interesting walks in close proximity to the hotel. There is a pool and gym.

The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient.

Room tip: Higher floors have better city views
Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank Rose M

Dear Rose M,

thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I gladly share your encouraging feedback with our team.
Providing an exceptional guest experience is what our team is striving for. Our central location and facilities is what makes Rutherford Hotel Nelson ~ A Heritage Hotel the ideal spot for a relaxing get away on a leisure trip or for business.

We do look forward to welcoming you again soon.

The team at Rutherford Hotel Nelson ~ A Heritage Hotel