“Always great food”

Price range: US$14 - US$24
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Love the amazing food at Fords. Beautifully presented, tasty and with exciting new ideas. Great for meals, tapas or just a wine or coffee.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Normally this restaurant serves excellent food. The service today was excellent as always but sadly one of my eggs from the eggs Benedict was overcooked. Call me picky, but poaching eggs is a fairly basic task.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Locals to Nelson but first time at this restaurant. It was AMAZING.
We called late to ask for a table (with comfortable seating as I’m 7 months pregnant), and were accommodated well.
The server recommended me an amazing mocktail, and took my order for polenta fries (a love of mine) while we were looking through the menu.
Too many amazing options so we decided on a second entree of mushroom fries with a blue cheese sauce (it’s beautiful).
I ordered the chicken, and my mother who never usually orders it, ordered the pork. We added the side of broccoli, with almonds and brown butter.
We were both floored. Every part of each dish was delicious.
The female and male member of staff were so polite and helpful.
We throughly enjoyed my birthday meal, and will be back for my Mother’s birthday meal in a week.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We were a group of six reaching nelson by evening from Franz Josef some 500 kms away. had only one night to spend and decided to go for a walk over the bay side by sunset. Enjoyed the beautiful play of colors of the setting sun. And when the night fell we reached the Trafalgar square infested with little restaurants along with some street music to go with it in the middle of the night for some drinks and dinner. Walking along this street we located Ford's Bar and restaurant. Small but neat and not so crowded. Comfortable with a sumptuous dinner to our taste.

1  Thank SojanIpe
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Found this delightful bar/ restaurant after a long day traveling. Ordered the cheese platter & breads.
The waitress was friendly & efficient. The food arrived quickly & was delicious & fresh.
The bar & toilets were immaculately clean & toasty warm on a cold afternoon.
AND they had a locally brewed Kombucca on tap