Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
R & T
Perth, Australia

A night in Nelson

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Jan 2020via mobile
Better than expected. Reasonably priced. Had a backpackers as well which was pretty busy. Never heard anything. Our room was clean and had a spa bath. Would stay there again. But we try not stay at the same hotels twice. Staff were friendly. Very central. Has a swimming pool as well.
Date of stay: January 2020
1.6 km from Apartments Paradiso
    $210
1.0 km from Apartments Paradiso
View more hotels in Nelson
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2019

Stayed here for 8 nights(split into 3 then gap then 5) while visiting my daughter.
She was concerned I was staying in a backpacker hostel but was pleasantly surprised.
Very friendly, helpful staff with clean and comfortable apartments. I stayed in 3 then 4. They held my luggage in between.
Wifi worked fine and also had Netflix.
Quiet area but less than 20minutes to centre.
Good choice I thought.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jackie h
Reviewed 1 November 2019 via mobile

I had tried ringing from two days prior to my arrival to no avail. No one would answer the phone. Kept going to voice mail. I left a message, plus sent emails with no response. I was going to be arriving late, and was wondering about afterhours check in. Arriving into Nelson after 9pm, having tried to ring them all day, I was unsure if would be able to actually get into the room I had paid for. Check in was at the Backpackers behind the complex. Lots of drinking going on by the looks of it. Managed to find a afterhours number, which was answered. I tried to ask the gentleman when he checked me in about why the phone has been consistently neglected for the last few days. Didnt have a answer for that one.

My room was tasteful, but not clean. There was hair in the bedding and through the bathroom. Yuck!! Even the mugs in the kitchenette were stained.

Parking was a nightmare for the 4 nights of my stay. There are only a few parks outside the units, with the rest having to park on the street. However the parks on the streets fill up quick with local residents. One night I had to park over 250m down the street. Not ideal.

The shower pressure was really really dreadfully poor. And towels seemed old and worn out.

On a positive note, there was no noise from the Backpackers behind the motels, and the units appeared to be double glazed. There was a Air Conditioning unit which worked well.

While the room rate was not too bad, cleanliness standards need to upped big time, and answer the phone!!! This place has potential. And it would not take much to make the place actually really nice.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2019

Nice hotel. quiet even thou there is a backpacker hostel at the back. good value for money. comfortable bed, just shame that the kind bed is 2 single put together & 1 is slightly lower than the other (where they meet)

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 6 July 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our 2 nights at Paradiso apartments. It was mostly clean and tidy. The bathroom was the only let down here. It had black mould all through it and was clear there was some type of ventilation issue because windows were full of condensation in the morning despite no one having had a shower yet. It is also quite misleading that it is a part of a backpackers... should definitely list that for potential guests.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2019

We especially booked here, owing to its location, and the tea and coffee facilities provided with a kitchenette. However, on arrival at 4.45pm, Friday 1 March, we found no milk in our fridge to go with our hot drink. Motels usually provide milk in UHT capsules or 300ml bottles. When we asked for some at reception, the girl at the counter, said there would be some available in the morning with breakfast! We were leaving at 9am! Thankfully we had a good nights sleep as the beds and pillows were very comfy. Was interesting to see that the kitchen and backpacking building looked exactly as it did when I stayed in 1996! So did the outside of the apartments, however I never saw the inside of one back then.

Date of stay: March 2019