“Superb restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 198 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Good honest local cuisine, served in a casual environment.
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I read all the reviews for this restaurant so i really wanted to sample it for myself. Well it matched all the generous comments and more. Our thai waitress Nam was fantastic and provided a first class service. The food was stunning, it is expensive but worth the extra few dollars. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Nelson is a beautiful place to visit and this restaurant was the icing on the cake.

1  Thank ahobbs
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

To me, when I go out, I like to eat things I would not normally bother with at home. So when I visited Hopgoods, I was thrilled to see that this was offered.
I also chose the accompanyong wines - although not a cheap night out, it delivered all that I could want.

Being a high ceilinged restaurant with a wooden floor, it was a little noisy, but well worth such an inconvenience.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I dined at Hopgoods recently for my wedding anniversary. We wanted a good restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. We shared salmon croquettes to start and I was pleased when they brought us each side plates to serve it onto. I followed this with lamb rump which was meltingly tender. Nothing on the dessert menu appealed to our taste, so we chose a cheeseboard to finish. It was very good. The wine list is well represented and varied. It is a noisy restaurant when it is full, so if you are not noise tolerant or are hearing impaired, that could be a challenge.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Had the most amazing meal at Hopgoods last night. As always the food, wine, surroundings & service were all perfect . Between us we had the twice baked cheese soufflé, the Angus beef and the lamb rump. Delicious

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Just returned from dining at Hopgoods.
Reservations recommended. Fine dining, with prices to match.
Professional service, excellent food.
Would recommend if spending two nights in Nelson.