“Degustation meals are a FAVOURITE of mine when they are provided”
Review of Hopgoods

Hopgoods
Ranked #1 of 204 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$14 - US$24
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Good honest local cuisine, served in a casual environment.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

To me, when I go out, I like to eat things I would not normally bother with at home. So when I visited Hopgoods, I was thrilled to see that this was offered.
I also chose the accompanyong wines - although not a cheap night out, it delivered all that I could want.

Being a high ceilinged restaurant with a wooden floor, it was a little noisy, but well worth such an inconvenience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I dined at Hopgoods recently for my wedding anniversary. We wanted a good restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. We shared salmon croquettes to start and I was pleased when they brought us each side plates to serve it onto. I followed this with lamb rump which was meltingly tender. Nothing on the dessert menu appealed to our taste, so we chose a cheeseboard to finish. It was very good. The wine list is well represented and varied. It is a noisy restaurant when it is full, so if you are not noise tolerant or are hearing impaired, that could be a challenge.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Had the most amazing meal at Hopgoods last night. As always the food, wine, surroundings & service were all perfect . Between us we had the twice baked cheese soufflé, the Angus beef and the lamb rump. Delicious

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Just returned from dining at Hopgoods.
Reservations recommended. Fine dining, with prices to match.
Professional service, excellent food.
Would recommend if spending two nights in Nelson.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

‘Hopgoods’ is a centrally located restaurant in the town of Nelson. The restaurant is obviously a very popular among locals and tourists. We were lucky to get a table in a fully booked restaurant on a Monday evening. The interior decoration is nice and cosy as well as friendly and professional service. We had a bottle of Pinot Noir from the Nelson area. The food was excellent; presentation and taste of both appetizers and the main course ( john-dorry and potato and vegetable garniture) were the best we experience for the last week, during visiting the Southern Island of New Zealand. Highly recommended:)