“Excellent restaurant cafe”

Bacco Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #35 of 212 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Description: Bacco is the Roman God of Wine, Bacco Restaurant and Wine Bar changed its ownership and name from Café Affair in October 2016. We are a premium wine bar/restaurant with an Italian/European spin to our dishes. We are all about fresh, local ingredients where possible and we have a food matching our premium wines philosophy. Bacco has a wine club and holds Degustation dinners bi-monthly.
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Wanted somewhere to enjoy a meal on a Tuesday night and chose Bacco - lucky for us!
The staff here are exceptional from the friendly welcome when we stepped through their fancy swing doors to their banter and subtle attentiveness makes for a good dining experience.
Then there's the food! Delicious, fresh, great flavours and good portions. I had the mushroom gnocci with its delecate flavours mmmm very good, my husband enjoyed his swordfish and our son devoured his melt in the mouth venison but couldnt finish the delectable chocolate torte! I had the mango mousse which was my least favourite dessert after sampling the torte althoughI wished I had chosen the rhubarb and the berry crumble after I tasted some of my husbands!
There's a great selection of beer and wine and other beverages to suit everyone.
Breakfast, lunch or dinner you will be impressed here is a reasonably priced restaurant that knows how to give their customers the best experience.
Indoor or outdoor dining with more tables upstairs for larger groups. Would also be good for a romatic meal or business meeting.
Thank you team we will be back.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We sat and enjoyed a nice glass of wine and some beers, very friendly staff and relaxing atmosphere, I would go back

Reviewed 6 March 2018

There are a lot of options in Nelson when having lunch. We chose Bacco because of the menu and the variety of dishes. In addition, the service was excellent!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

A final farewell with my workmates and partners, food and service very good, staff friendly and very attentive,
Menu recently changed (last time visit not flash) and well worth a return visit,
Wine and craft beer hit the spot,
There is a happy hour and staff advised me of this... which is a positive,, well done.
Recommend a return.

Thank Christopher And... B
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The fried squid appetizer (oddly enough for an Italian influence restaurant, they didn't call it calamari) was outstanding - one of the best renditions of the dish I've ever had. Venison was very good. We were disappointed with the risotto - too heavy. We enjoyed the friendly service