Lowest prices for your stay
$175
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
🌸Dale🌸
Christchurch, New Zealand

Won’t come back

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Mar 2023via mobile
No one was in reception on arrival so had to text and she came fairly quickly. She was friendly. Told me we had a lovely downstairs room. We were very disappointed with the room. Basically no outlook. Only one small window that was covered in condensation in the morning. Some stains on carpet near window. Small fridge that buzzed all night. We were there one night so in the morning we got up, dressed and got out of there. Shower didn’t look clean with grimy grouting in the tiles. We both woke up with sore hips as bed was quick firm. For the price - wouldn’t come back or recommend.
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Tip: Spend your money elsewhere and you might get something nicer for less
$163
    $241
4.9 km from Grand Arden Monaco Nelson
View more hotels in Nelson
1,147 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2022 via mobile

Arrived at 7.30 pm after a 3 hour drive (on our honeymoon) to find reception closed and a sign saying it wouldn’t be open until 10 am the next day. There was a number to call for “out of hours” arrivals which transferred to a sister hotel but nobody knew anything about our booking and said they’d call us back. They never did. We received no info about where to find our keys or access the room and were tired, disappointed and needed the bathroom. The restaurant next door is independent of the hotel and was closed for dinner and breakfast, but luckily one of the staff there had seen this issue before and guessed where they keys might have been left (under the “left key” box, in case anyone else has the same issue) and was fortunately correct.

The hotel is located on the edge of an industrial estate by the end of the runway at Nelson airport. I’m a pilot and have no problem with aircraft noise but it’s a training field and guests might want to be aware of this before booking. The views are ok although all the booking sites imply that it’s in an unspoiled rural location which is not the case.

The bed was comfortable and there are tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. The bathroom was not clean - the basin had definitely not been cleaned, there were suspicious brown marks on the floor by the toilet and the loo roll holder was broken, as was the bathroom extractor fan.

Despite booking for 2 nights we could not face a second and decided to leave a day early. In the whole time there we didn’t see a single member of staff.

Date of stay: December 2022
Reviewed 17 November 2022 via mobile

Certainly a unique and pretty place to stay. The room was a lot smaller than what I am use to but it was fit for two of us. We had a great outlook onto the estuary and walkways by the airport. There is plenty of seating and tables in the outdoor space outside the hotel with a lovely duck pond feature. The noise pollution from the main road and the airport was not a problem for us but I can see how it might upset some visitors. Plenty of parking available. Apart from one stain on the carpet our room was tidy. The bed was a good size and comfortable. We had access to Netflix on the smart TV but had to use our personal log on, (had to remember to log out). The rooms offer a small fridge, coffee, tea and jug though I would have preferred to cut my cheese with a knife over a teaspoon. Unfortunately our fridge leaked on the last day we stayed. Disappointing that our towels were not replaced daily. Would recommend eating at the pub across the road instead of the one next to the hotel. It’s called the Honest Lawyer, much cheaper. Overall the place was substantial to our needs.

Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 3 June 2022

I have never in thirty years of travelling had such appalling service. I arrived in the dark before 6pm. No one at reception and very thing was dark and closed up. (Except the toilet door was open and a terrible smell was coming out of it). A sign on the counter said reception hours were to 6:30 and the phone message said 8pm. Not true. I rang the after hours number. It was cold and wet. No answer. I left a message. Fifteen minutes later none got back to me. So I went and stayed somewhere else. My travel agent called them the next day. They said they had billed me and would refund me. But no refund has arrived. I rang them today. No answer. Suggested I leave a message, so I tried to do that but the mailbox was full so couldn’t. These guys are crooks. Don’t stay here.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GrandTour622842
Reviewed 8 April 2022

This hotel is in a nice location overlooking the Estuary and not far from a small local town called Lincoln, also near the airport and the lovey Mapua Wharf. The room overlooked the front courtyard with views of the Estuary. The pandemic has put a toll on the hotel so not many residents. An amazing bar and Restaurant is on the site next door has recently opened and we ate there one night. They also do breakfast although we chose to drive out in the mornings. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and the bathroom was amazing!!

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

Very disappointed with the service and accomodation . Upon checking in a asked about breakfast service . The guy checking me in said “ we have no restaurants on site , you can have breakfast over the road “ so I went across the road in the morning to get breakfast , they were not only shut , they never do breakfast .
During that day I returned to my room to do some work . The internet was off and concrete cutters where working in the room next to reception . Was told the horrific noise and vibrating was nearly done . It went on for two hours .
Shame as I was a regular stayer there for 3 years ( about 20 nights a year ) but new owners have dropped the service and guest experience. Will not go back

Room tip: If you do decide to book , check if any repairs are happening and if they have food available on site as you are away from restaurants
Date of stay: November 2021