Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GrandTour622842

I arrived before 6pm and no one was there when I arrived. I had to stay somewhere else. But they still billed my card.

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Jun 2022
I have never in thirty years of travelling had such appalling service. I arrived in the dark before 6pm. No one at reception and very thing was dark and closed up. (Except the toilet door was open and a terrible smell was coming out of it). A sign on the counter said reception hours were to 6:30 and the phone message said 8pm. Not true. I rang the after hours number. It was cold and wet. No answer. I left a message. Fifteen minutes later none got back to me. So I went and stayed somewhere else. My travel agent called them the next day. They said they had billed me and would refund me. But no refund has arrived. I rang them today. No answer. Suggested I leave a message, so I tried to do that but the mailbox was full so couldn’t. These guys are crooks. Don’t stay here.
Date of stay: May 2022
    $128
2.8 km from Grand Arden Monaco Nelson
View more hotels in Nelson
1,147 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2022

This hotel is in a nice location overlooking the Estuary and not far from a small local town called Lincoln, also near the airport and the lovey Mapua Wharf. The room overlooked the front courtyard with views of the Estuary. The pandemic has put a toll on the hotel so not many residents. An amazing bar and Restaurant is on the site next door has recently opened and we ate there one night. They also do breakfast although we chose to drive out in the mornings. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and the bathroom was amazing!!

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

Very disappointed with the service and accomodation . Upon checking in a asked about breakfast service . The guy checking me in said “ we have no restaurants on site , you can have breakfast over the road “ so I went across the road in the morning to get breakfast , they were not only shut , they never do breakfast .
During that day I returned to my room to do some work . The internet was off and concrete cutters where working in the room next to reception . Was told the horrific noise and vibrating was nearly done . It went on for two hours .
Shame as I was a regular stayer there for 3 years ( about 20 nights a year ) but new owners have dropped the service and guest experience. Will not go back

Room tip: If you do decide to book , check if any repairs are happening and if they have food available on site as you are away from restaurants
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SRMurray13
Reviewed 15 February 2021

Have wanted to stay here for years after many times flying over it. Lovely place and beautifully set out. So disappointing not to be told before we got here that the cafe and bar were shut and looked like they had been for quite some time. Appt was roomy and managed by Nelson Holiday Homes. They were great when we had a problem shortly after arriving. No evidence of any staff on site. Lovely walks around Monaco and the Honest Lawyer over the road was a nice meal although grounds overgrown and neglected since we were last there.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank elmck89
Reviewed 17 April 2020

This was a lovely place in a great setting, the apartment I had was huge, with bedroom en-suite bathroom, kitchen and lounge. Very pleasantly decorated, with cooking facilities if required. The food in The resteraunt was amazing, but far too much food for me. Staff were really friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Well worth a visit if you are travelling here.

Room tip: All seemed good from comments by the rest of the group I was travelling with
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 3 April 2020

Built as a complex our room was 3 rooms - a bedroom, good sized shower room and lounge with self catering facilities. The reception staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel hires bikes and is close to a cycle path which we used to get into Nelson - not too far away. There is a small swimming pool on site - O.K. to cool down and for a brief swim. Next door is a small gym. We ate dinner both nights at the pub across the road - that also was very good. Would be happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020