Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$120
PricelineUS$120
CheapTicketsUS$120
TripadvisorUS$120
FindHotel
eDreamsUS$120
1,137 results
All reviews english village honest lawyer old english close to the airport onsite restaurant washing machine hotel room new zealand the kitchen one bedroom apartment south island abel tasman accor accommodation pond lounge estuary
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2019

As always enjoyed our stay here - was a little difficult to book - I had trouble booking online and when I phoned they tried to tell me I had to pay double because there were four of us. Luckily I convinced them otherwise because it really is not cheap to stay here. The full kitchen is great and the use of a washing machine however the machine in our room was troublesome - we could not get it to spin and it looked like others had had the same issue as the door was cracked where you open it.

The food in the restaurant is great - very flavoursome

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Arden Monaco Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Dear Ant and Toni v

Thanks for your review, please accept my apologies that you experienced some problems making your reservation; we have several (very) new staff working in reception/reservations team and perhaps you struck one of them who is still learning the ropes. Again, my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced in making your reservation, and also for the washing machine that misbehaved.

It was great to read that you enjoyed a very flavoursome dining experience - thanks for mentioning that.

Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

This hotel is somewhat of an enigma. It is out of Nelson at the end of the airport runway, but.... it is sensational. Comfortable, spacious, quirky, very English, superb. The bed was a little more like the rack, but we slept really well. The restaurant is very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 82MarkT
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Arden Monaco Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2019

Dear 82MarkT

Thanks for your review and all those positives, I am intrigued though that you your bed was "little more like the rack" ... I can't but help scratch my head and wonder which room you were in - I'd like to see this rack for myself!

Seriously, we're delighted that you so enjoyed your time with us, you certainly picked a great time to come to Nelson as the weather has been seriously impressive of late!

All the very best for 2019 - we hope to see you back again and we hope to be just as sensational on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2019 via mobile

Despite the description on Google, the rooms are not air conditioned and our room was insufferably hot. The room description also indicated that we would have a terrace but we were stuck in a dank second story room.

The guest laundry machine ruined some of our clothes by dispensing boiling hot water on the warm setting.
The nose from the nearby major road was just the last miserable aspect of our crappy stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ophelia89

Oh dear, please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations, especially for your unfortunate experience with guest laundry washing machine - I've not heard of the machines doing that before - I'll alert our maintenance team.

Thank you for alerting us to the fact that google was displaying the wrong information regarding air conditioning (which we don't have in any of our rooms) - I've now corrected our listing within Google.

I trust that despite the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco not living expectations that you did enjoy the rest of your visit to the beautiful Nelson Tasman region - you picked a great time to visit as the weather has been amazing of late.

Reviewed 1 January 2019

Stayed for 5 nights over Xmas 2018. The room was very tidy and the inclusion of kitchen amenities and a washing machine is very useful. The dining and lounge area is spacious and flows nicely onto the lawn. The bedrooms were upstairs and the bed were comfortable. The guest laundry was conveniently located and the kids made use of the pool at least once a day. The hotel is close to the airport and the Stoke shops. The beach is also a pleasant work.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear peterwl3040OB

Thanks for your comprehensive review, I do hope you enjoyed your five days in Nelson over Xmas.

Thanks for all those positives, great to know you enjoyed your accommodation and the facilities provided at the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco.

Reviewed 31 December 2018

We stayed overnight on our way to Hokitika. Rooms were very dark and very old fashioned. No air con and felt dreary. The bathroom was the nicest room and we are glad we only stayed one night. It is too far outside the town but luckily there was a nice pub across the road. The breakfast was a varied choice and the waitress was extremely pleasant. Poor WiFi which didn’t work in the room. All the staff were helpful but the rooms need updating

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Welshgirl63

Thanks for your review - it is most appreciated.

We've recently started a refurbishment programme for our rooms to make them lighter/brighter and a more contemporary. Our apologies that you experienced wifi problems, but on the plus side, it was great to read that you found our staff helpful and pleasant.