1,047 results
All reviews english village village green honest lawyer bedroom cottage old english onsite restaurant close to the airport gas fire washing machine the cottages hotel room great pub minute drive lounge area new zealand large bathroom full kitchen
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Cute little cottages in its own little village. Booked a cottage that came with 2 bedrooms, 1 queen bed and 2 singles both
upstairs with their own bathroom and toilet. Radiators didn’t work but plenty of heaters and a nice gas fireplace downstairs. Small kitchen to prepare some food if needed.
If booked this again I would not have breakfast included as it is a buffet and don’t get omelette etc therefore would just purchase a la carte. Also, wished the rooms had a robe and slippers as the floors are cold especially in winter! Parking included.
Served its purpose but bar was closed at 21.00 every night. Did not eat in restaurant as ate out elsewhere every night.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hi there lee_down_under

Thank you for taking the time to write your very comprehensive review, we're delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I'll pass on your comment about robes and slippers, you're not the first person to mention these; I'm pleased that between electric heaters and the cosy gas fireplace you were able to keep nice and warm.

If you're staying again, please do try out our restaurant - The Monaco Kitchen. (I hope) you won't be disappointed, we've been getting some fantastic restaurant reviews on TripAdvisor of late, and its now rated #17 of 148 restaurants in Nelson.

Once again, thanks for your review, it's most appreciated.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Nice position near the water, food was good, rooms are excellent, I had a unit, so well designed with old world quality decor. A little airport noise however background only. It is an easy drive to Nelson however, there also shops close by. Sunset is amazing many nights.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hi there Bob M

Thanks for your review/feedback, it's great to know that all is good and that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. You're so right, we've had some great sunsets of late ... and the good news is that spring seems to be just around the corner.

Once again, thanks for your review.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Where do I start...everything was amazing.....staff, rooms & food.
The venue is like being in an quaint old English village, a home away from home.
Being a large team of 38 people for our annual sales conference, nothing was too much hassle. Small touches - when it was raining, having the van ready and waiting to take us all down to lunch in the restaurant so we all wouldn't get drenched. Last minute conference needs were no problem.
We had two separate spaces, the larger Village hall and the Orangerie room, both perfect spaces for our requirements.
Our gala dinner was held in the restaurant, then we moved upstairs for music and dancing. The food was delicious, a great night was had by all.
Big thank you to Hollie & Katie conference coordinators & Becs.
From the first inquiry email, to the check-out you, made my life so much easier having dealt with such professional and just nice people. Our conference was a huge success and the Monaco venue & staff played a large part in that. Thanks again!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JustineH376
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi Justine H

Thanks for your fantastic review, it was our pleasure to host your conference recently - so that the Nelson weather didn't live up to the 'sunny Nelson' reputation, but it's great to know that the weather in no way dampened your conference proceedings.

Your feedback has been shared with the entire team here, we're delighted to have played a part in making your conference such a success, we hope to see you all back again another time for another great event.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Stylish atmosphere, and beautiful setting. Apartments are very clean, attractive and comfortable. This was a very good conference facility, we would all come back here.
Outstanding restaurant and excellent service from all staff at the Grand Mercure. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Grand_Mercure_Nelson, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear 01SalesRep

What a pleasure to read your review and to know we really hit the mark, it's great to know you all had a great time conferencing with us! We're delighted to know that you really enjoyed our restaurant (The Monaco Kitchen), and to hear that you experienced "excellent service from all the staff" - what more could we hope for.

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback/review - we hope to see you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I really struggled to add more stars to this review. The hotel itself is situated beautifully and is a wee village with its own restaurant and bar however this is subject to availability as they often have functions. This wasn't an issue as there is also a pub across the road you can go to and that was very nice.
We arrived at the hotel and the receptionist checked me in fairly quickly but was reluctant to leave her chair to show me where my actual villa was. She was pretty uninterested and seemed quite inconvenienced, however Sam the nighttime receptionist was lovely!

We bought the most expensive room which was the cottage with spa bath.

Once I finally found the cottage which they call a villa now, a bit inconstant, I opened the door to be hit with 40 degree heat. It was sweltering downstairs and up stairs was unbearable. I managed to find and turn off all the heaters (x 3) and opened every single door and window. It literally took hours to cool the villa down. I left the resort to pick my husband up, came home and it was still ridiculously Middle Eastern summer hot! Those heaters must've been on for hours. All on full. What is going on there? It wasn't snowing!
After examining the beautiful spa bath I looked around to put on slippers but there were none. This is the first spa suite I have booked in the world that don't provide slippers. Odd considering the villa had concrete floors, flooring quite hard and harsh to the feet so I kept my shoes on which I never ever do. I called to ask if they usually provided and they said no. Wish I'd bought my own as the floor was like that you would have outside.

Come night time I couldn't work out why we were hot, cold, sweating and finally I worked it out. Polyester linen. I could't believe I'd just paid $185 to sleep in Polyester sheets! Absolutely unacceptable for any hotel!
We heard a really loud banging on the door at 11:45am even though we had arranged 12 noon checkout and had DND on our door.
It's the little things that all added up. Wont be returning and won't be recommending.
We feel really ripped off. I booked believing this was going to be luxury accommodation as per the price and it was rather disappointing.

Room tip: Take your own cotton sheets!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Martina B

Thanks for your review/feedback – please accept my apologies that you didn’t have the best check-in experience on arrival at the hotel, I’ve passed your feedback onto the Reception Office Manager for her to discuss with her team. Thanks for the positive mention of the evening receptionist – Sam is a delight and lots of fun with a fantastic sense of humour.

Please accept our apologies that your accommodation was too hot, I’ve shared this feedback with our Housekeeping Dept. as the room should not have been as hot as you experienced.

And finally, with 100% certainty I can assure you there is no polyester linen at this hotel, all our linen is cotton.