“Consisyently Delicious”

Ranked #71 of 213 Restaurants in Nelson
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Nelson CBD. Mango Nelson offers the perfect venue for a quick lunch, gathering with friends and family, corporate dinner or dinner just for the two of you.
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Consistently delicious
I have been to Mango many times now and they never fail to please. Their lunch naanwich or small, quick lunch time curries are perfect for midday and very good value. Just don’t spill it on your work top. Dinner in with a group of friends or their convenient take away is always spot on too. The shop is very clean and tidy. The staff knowledgeable and curious. I enjoy dinning outside on their footpath tables. Really nice. They never seem to crowed and the service is always punctual. My most recent purchase was the old chestnut Butter Chicken with rice, x2 Naan and a side of onion bhajee. $25 take away and enough for two.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Must visit place in Nelson city who enjoys different flavours of South Asian cuisine. Good portion size + mouth watering flavours + reasonable prices.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I ordered medium spicy meals, that was way too hot !! My girlfriend couldn’t finish half of the plate. I finished mine because I didn’t want to waste but I had to force myself. That’s a pity, we went in a other mango restaurant in Blenheim, we asked exactly the same meals and medium spicy as well, that was delicious !!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Last year when my friend visited we went to Mango. We returned this year and it was even better than before. We had a fish dish that my friend just loved and my mango chicken was exceptional. So much real mango flavour in the sauce. Yumm!
Couple that with good service and a freshened up decor and you have a winner. This is good indian food at the next level.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We were visiting Nelson for a couple of days on our way down the West Coast. We love Indian food and go out for a curry every week at home on the North Shore in Auckland. I have to say that this curry was superb and great value for money. The staff were helpful and welcoming. We loved that you could choose rice or naan - we were able to have a curry each and share a rice and naan.