All reviews thanks john nelson city room was clean business trip spa bath host motel tahunanui units airport
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Was ‘put’ here for a business trip, but would have no hesitation bringing the family back for a stay. Exceptionally clean units, equipped with everything you need. Hosts couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. Back gate leads straight into Tahunanui camp area. Quiet at night. Really excellent!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Room was very comfortable with Aircon that made my stay for the week very easy.
Great Host and will be staying there when ever I travel to Nelson.
Pool great for Kids and site backs onto access to Camp where they make some great coffee and Ice Cream.
You can also walk through to the beach via this gate.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms facing the Ocean have the views
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2018

My husband and I came across this Motel quite late into the evening after checking out from another Motel that we had booked into due to the uncleaniness of the room.
We managed to contact the owner by phone and were so lucky that their was a vacancy. Ian was so accomodating as it was well after hours. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Nelson. On leaving the Motel 3 days later we dropped our rental vehicle off and went to the airport to catch our flight. We were just about to board our plane at 10.10am and they announced that all flights were cancelled to Wgtn. We contacted Ian straight away to see if our room was still available to stay another night. Yes! Ian then kindly offered to come and pick us up from the airport and brought us back to the motel. We were so grateful!! Ian also offered us a vehicle to use during the rest of our stay. We were so overwhelmed with Ian's generosity. We drove to Nelson City the next day and when we returned Ian took us back out to the airport to catch our afternoon flight which left on time. Hooray!! The room was very clean and comfortable. We both thankyou Ian and Lyn for your kindness and making our stay in Nelson very memorable. We will highly recommend to our friend and families to stay here if they are visiting Nelson. Thanks again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We rented the three house advertised on the Motel Website as we had a family reunion at a family residence in Nelson over Christmas. The house was perfect for our family of 6 adults. We had family from around the world staying in self contained accommodation at Tahunanui Camp and as the house opened onto the camp, it made visiting them and them visiting us easy.

The interior appeared clean when we arrived but sadly the outside was not at all what you would expect for a holiday rental at a Summer holiday spot. Entry to the deck area was overgrown by grapevines, spiderwebs over the windows, three broken outdoor chairs stacked up on the deck, broken peg basket scattered over the deck, cigarette butts left on the outdoor table, rubbish in the garden and an absolutely filthy bbq. We cleaned this all up and enjoyed the rest of our stay. I have since told the owner though. There was no mop and the only vacuum cleaner we could find did not work (spent 30 minutes trying to fix it). I asked the friendly motel cleaner for a mop and she loaned me one for a day (hands and knees and cloth other days) and eventually I found a vacuum cleaner in the hallway cupboard. Better instructions and cleaning equipment would have made life easier.

On check in I was surprised with the total the owner said I had to pay as this did not correspond with an email I had received. As I could not download the email on my phone and needed the keys I paid the amount but said I would check and be back if he was wrong. Within 30 minutes I went back as I was correct and had been overcharged compared to my quote/invoice. He said he could not credit the amount back to my creditcard but would deposit it into my account that night. it was not until I returned home from holiday that I discovered I had not been given the refund. I was promised the refund on 21 December but after several phone calls and emails requesting payment I finally received the refund of $500 on 11 January. This was all very stressful as it is alot of money to be owed and unfortunately tarnished our opinion of the management of the motels/house. The owners were always very friendly to our faces so we were very surprised at having to plea for the refund and the very unfriendly reply received when I phoned.

This however has not tarnished our memories of a wonderful holiday in a great location and spending time with our family.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We had come down to Nelson for our SeniorNet A.G.M. and Symposium, and were delighted to find that we could walk through the back gate of this motel to the venue. The hosts gave us a discount as we were part of a large group, and this was appreciated, greatly. Both Ian and Lyn were friendly and very helpful, although short staffed at the time. The motel was clean and very quiet and we had a spa bath as an additional extra.

Room Tip: The shower was above the spa bath, so anyone with joint problems should check out the availability of a walk in type one.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple