“Excellent food, service, and ambience”
Review of Tees Street Cafe

Tees Street Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Quick Bites in Oamaru
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tees St cafe is located in the historic precinct of Oamaru, tucked away in what used to be a drapery way back in 1874. At Tees St we serve up bountiful breakfasts, a scrumptious selections of counter food, delicious coffee, milkshakes, sodas and all sorts of other treats for all who sneak in. Our menu changes regularly, taking advantage of the myriad of seasonal produce we have access to. We strive to provide humble offerings, inspired by our love of the convivial living, and celebrating the small luxuries of life.
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Yesterday, after a beautiful dinner at Cucina 1871 the night before, my friend and I had brunch at their adjoining Tees Street Cafe. Again our meals, the service and the ambiance was excellent. We'll be back again.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank loluama
Write a reviewReviews (252)

Reviewed 28 May 2016

We were passing through Oamaru and are so happy we chose to eat here! Everything tasted like home cooking... exactly what we felt like after being on the road for weeks. We discovered everything (including the pasta!) is made from scratch which in these days is awesome to find.
Our pasta dishes were divine so we decided to go for gold and order dessert. Oh. My. Goodness. The tiramisu was incredible. So authentic, fresh and indulgent. Paired with an awesome cappuccino... My travel buddy and I rolled out of here with big smiles on our faces. Thank you to the staff for treating a couple of weary travellers with such kindness and SUCH amazing food!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Great coffee and spectacular baked treats combine with a wonderful lunch menu, to make this cafe in a wonderful Victorian shop house, a perfect place for destination or stop over. Right on the fringe of the beautifully restored historic precinct this is perfect when your on a short stop over in Oamaru. Quality fare is matched by the service.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

we made several visits to this little gem on recommendation of friends...always good ..shame we couldn't work our way through the menu for brunch..it all looked great.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

I have visited this cafe twice in the last 3 weeks. Once with friends and a large stroller, the second time with my sister. Both times I had the perfect soy flat white and both times made use of the outside furniture to relax in outside. In particular I'd like to talk about my experience on Saturday morning. Whilst waiting for a shop to open my sister said let's go to Tees Street- Gareth makes the best Hot Chocolate. My sister and I are a pain to go out together I'm DF and she's GF so needless to say when we saw Gluten Free Carrot Cake sitting there we had to have a slice. It was wonderful. Thanks guys...next time I'll have to try your breakfast because walking past people that were eating them it looked so good!