All reviews motor lodge courtyard restaurant bowling green smelled fresh one night spa bath sky movies friendly lady by chance great place to stay comfortable stay water pressure beds were comfortable night stay south island good size plenty of parking
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had an awesome room for disabled no concerns great friendly people. We stayed her just one night but were well looked after. We were able to collect the key because we were coming back late at night the room was well set out with lots of room. Only problem the light in the bathroom turned the fan on not good in the early hours

Room tip: Has great disability rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I travel a lot around NZ as part of my job, mostly staying in motels, so I'm always happy when I find a motel I really like.
Heritage Court is probably the best one I've stayed at in a long time.

The Luxury Studio room I had must have been newly refurbished, because it still smelt new and was absolutely spotless.
It was very spacious and modern, with big, comfortable beds, and a nice large desk for doing my work, and plugs with USB outlets, along with decent, unlimited Wifi.

Special mention needs to be made of the bathroom, which was also very modern, and had the best shower I've had in any motel. *Amazing* water pressure, and a nice spacious shower cabinet.

I didn't try the restaurant that is on the premises, but I certainly appreciate that the option is right there.

Will definitely stay again next time I'm in Oamaru

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank FazNZ
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Stayed here overnight whilst touring around South Island. The check-in was efficient & friendly but the room did need modernising. It was clean & tidy but the room furniture was past its best and the bed was not in the best condition with a definite sag in the middle. I understand that some of the accommodation has been updated but our room definitely hadn’t!! Best part of staying here was going to the on-site restaurant for our evening meal.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
heritage_oamaru, General Manager at Heritage Court Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for your comments. The 7 remaining rooms will be upgraded this winter.....we had hoped for last winter but the Agriculture Sector had a major problem and we had to use every available room. . The owners and new leasee are aware of what you say.
We look forward to your return

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in room 23. Dalaine on reception was impressively welcoming and very helpful with directions to Stotts Brewery where we had woodfired pizza for dinner and a delicious craft beer each. Our room wasn't brand new but it didn't matter as it was very clean, smelled fresh, had a good sized fridge, a bath tub with spa jets, excellent shower pressure, a little balcony with table and chairs and much more. The bed was also super comfy and we slept well. Customer service was top notch, the guy at the desk even waved us off as we drove away. Family friendly- seemed to be a few parents/kids about. We will stay again :) Thank you

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Have stayed here with family in the past but think they have built a whole new block since then. Room looked very new and was spotless. Very comfortable and massive bed (we stayed in luxury room which was very reasonably priced).
All the staff were very friendly and didn't get much noise from neighbours.
We also had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. Dinner was fantastic - good as a fancy restaurant! Don't judge it by the decor, the food is great! Again, very friendly staff in the restaurant too.

Would highly recommend and we won't be looking for anywhere else to stay the next time we come to see the penguins!!

Date of stay: January 2018