See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2020

I stayed 2 nights while visiting my mum at Iona rest home. As a female travelling on my own I felt very comfortable and safe there. The room was beautifully presented and very clean. The staff were extremely friendly.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Marris Bennett, General Manager at Colonial Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. It makes us happy that you had a great time with us. See you next time!

Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

We stayed for one night and enjoyed our stay. The owner was very friendly. The room was recently renovateted. The room was very clean. We stayed for one night and enjoyed our stay. The owner was very friendly.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Siglo5
Marris B, Manager at Colonial Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

I'm a linehaul Truckdriver Picked a motel said I will be there witin the hour stopped in Oamaru.Arrived walking in an was Greeted by the owner,loverly Guy was given Room 4 .Headed to my room was tired ,hungry and wet it had been a long windy wet miserable day.Heater was on it was like home,Shower was hot,soap dispenser was full bathroom was immaculate towels were soft.Bench was gleaming they paid attention to detail and nailed it.Nothing was out of place.Well done certainly recommended to stay a while 5 stars.Good vibe about this motel

Mark Sinclair
Auckland Linehaul Truckdriver

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Marris B, Manager at Colonial Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Thanks so much for such lovely feedback. We really appreciate it and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again. Regards Anton

Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights while in Oamaru for a funeral. We had a unit with a separate bedroom so were situated right down the back with no traffic noise. The unit was really warm and cosy with the underfloor heating and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. My only criticism would be why only provide 3 mugs, plates, knives forks etc because it sleeps 3. Really annoying that you can’t give visitors a drink at the same time as you are having one, however when I mentioned this to the lady servicing the apartments she put extra mugs and wine glasses in our unit which was really appreciated.
We would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marris B, Manager at Colonial Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2019

Thank you very much for your stay. We really appreciate your Business.
The Management
Silvia W.

Reviewed 29 August 2019

If like me you have had your fill of tired motels with faded décor, dated facilities, and inadequate heating, this place will come as an absolute revelation, and I cannot recommend it enough.
It is rare to find motel facilities anywhere that would do credit to a top hotel, but Oamaru's Colonial Lodge Motel is exactly that - spacious, spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished, immaculate bathrooms, and glorious under-floor heating - great in a South Island winter.
And if those attributes aren't enough, hosts Anton and Sylvia are not just indifferent owners, but instead provide a genuine and enthusiastic European sense of welcome.
Go there - I didn't regret it, and you won't either.

Date of stay: August 2019
Marris B, Manager at Colonial Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2019

Hello George,
We can not thank you enough for your review. It makes us feel so happy knowing a customer got every expectation and above. You made our day letting us know that our guests felt fantastic at the end of their stay. We do pride ourselves on our units, and are happy to hear that the new renovations and unique underfloor heating is a treat. We wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing you again. :)
Silvia and Anton