“Gardens nice to wander around”
Review of Riverstone Kitchen

Riverstone Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Oamaru
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A busy restaurant in rural Oamaru, New Zealand owned by Bevan + Monique Smith. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Lunch was Ok, quite expensive. The wild mushroom and smoked fish risotto was ok but not as tasty as I thought it would be. The drinks selection is not the normal, challenging for the coke drinker

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

A stand out place to visit and enjoy lunch or dinner. The menu is fresh and vibrant and the staff are knowledgeable and attentive. The Owen is slightly eccentric and is building a Disney style castle on the premises. She has pink hair and can often be seen harvesting fresh ingredients from the beautiful gardens into her pink wheelbarrow.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Came here as a group of 10 for lunch, I had been before 9 years ago for my cousins wedding but I hadn’t noticed just how beautiful was. The food and service was outstanding, I had a lovely experience. The playground is the most epic playground I’ve ever seen!! Go to this place

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We booked in advance to guarantee a table at this popular and award winning restaurant. The food was excellent and so was the service. I thoroughly enjoyed my starter of Wild Mushroom Soup followed by Gnocchi and Slow Cooked Lamb with a nice side Salad. Well worth the visit with a stroll around their extensive veggie garden after the meal.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We loved this place and had such delicious meals. I had the cheese soufflé and it was amazing. My husband had the fish on a fennel risotto and he loved that too. For dessert we had the lemon tart with raspberry sorbet. The tart base was a bit burnt and the sorbet icy and a bit lumpy but the filling was silky and delicious. My husband’s lemon cake with black currant ice cream was to die for! We’ll be back!