Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtney
Amazing place
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Jan 2021
We stayed here over new year with a few friends and our children. The place was very accommodating for our children and there was a lot for them to do. Karen is lovely and was so good with all the kids and even taking the horses out for them to ride. The facilities were clean and tidy and we loved where the holiday park was situated being close to the beach and river and a short drive into Oamaru. Would highly recommend to families
Date of stay: January 2021Trip type: Travelled with family
21.7 km from Waitaki Waters Holiday Park
$80
20.7 km from Waitaki Waters Holiday Park
View more hotels in Oamaru
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2020

Karen the owener, was so friendly and welcoming. We had our choice of sites but she recommended one that looked out over farmland and her two horses in their paddock. Bliss!
The facilities were clean and the park super tidy.
We took a day trip to explore Duntroon and surrounds. Awesome - especially the Elephant Rocks with lambs and their mum's grazing in amongst them.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 25 November 2020

Planned to write this review for some time but never got to it. We stayed here for a couple of nights with our van and we really liked the area and the close access to the beach. The beach is rather rough but it is a nice walk there and nothing beast access to the ocean.

We were especially fond of heir service and this is where they really made a difference. My wife forgot here glasses and they were super helpful in recovering them and even sent them to our campervan return address.

Thanks again and we will be back at some point I hope :-)

Thanks
Christian

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 27 October 2020

My husband and I spent a night here recently and I thought the site was lovely. It was very quiet and at the time we were there, there was plenty of sites to choose from. The place was spotless and I thought it would be a really nice place to spend more time.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 25 February 2020

Camped in our motorhome there for three nights. This park is a treasure! Sheltered, spacious, friendly helpful staff and very good facilities (free hot unlimited showers, free washing machine use, for example). Communal kitchens very well stocked- rice cooker available, for instance. This camp is very neat, sites are spacious, well grassed, the most relaxing holiday park I have ever stayed in. And reasonably priced, by today's standards. Worth every cent. Thanks!

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 20 February 2020

I stayed one night in a cabin with a double bed. It was very comfortable. I felt so welcomed and taken care of when I checked in. The place itself is really peaceful and serene - I felt like I was on a retreat. I had been really stressed out prior to coming, but after taking an evening stroll down to the beach/ river mouth with my dog I felt so much calmer. The showers were really nice, great water pressure and temperature!
Checkout in the morning is at 11, so I was able to sleep in and take my time getting organised which was really nice.
I highly recommend taking a stroll down to the beach. I found heaps and heaps of paua shell pieces (an entire countdown bag full) which I collected for a project.
One thing to note was there was very limited cellphone signal at the camp. It may be better with different providers, but it's something to keep in mind. They do give you those wifi vouchers though. Next time I would download some movies etc beforehand.

There is a trampoline and a playground tucked behind the main part of the camp that looks great fun for children, plus chickens and animals roaming nearby.

Room tip: All the rooms are little prefab cabins and have their own little porch/ entranceway.
Date of stay: February 2020