“Authentic Japanese cuisine”

Ranked #25 of 68 Restaurants in Oamaru
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New Japanese restaurant. On site of previous Latitude 45. We also have a new takeaway Sushi bar. Open 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We specialise in coffee, smoothies, frappes and much more Restaurant hours are Monday to Wednesday 11am to 3pm, 5pm to 8.30Pm Thursday and Friday 11am to 3pm, 5pm to 9pm. Saturday 11.30Am to 9pm Sunday 12 to 8.30Pm
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had a delightful lunch here.

Nice out-of-the-way location on esplanade. Neat cosy well lit restaurant with gorgeous outdoor sitting area for fine weather days. Service was friendly. Casual local atmosphere. Not a posh city restaurant. It reminded me of real small town restaurants in Japan. Food was just as I remember. Fresh and lovingly prepared, with perfect balance of flavours and textures. A delightful experience. Thank you so much to the team at Midori Japanese restaurant. :)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

There was only 1 other table in the restaurant which was a group of 8. They had their 2 kids running round the entire time and were very loud. One of them was clearly the owner as they were priority of the night while me and my friends food took over half an hour and some of the order was forgotten. Very disappointed as normally the service is slightly better than this. Food was still good but was let down by the bad service and the door constantly being left open by staff and owners children.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My friends and I go quiet often and really enjoy what we order for lunch they have great sushi with plenty to choose from.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I wanted to like this more than I did, because the people here were really pleasant! But unfortunately the food was truly average. Not bad, not great, and there's not much to be said about average Japanese food.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

During my recent visit to Oamaru, I had lunch at the Midori two times. The service was prompt, friendly, and the Bento Boxes were copious and delicious.

I look forward to visiting again and enjoying the katsu.