“Dining out with a lot of friends and enjoying there menus”
Review of Midori

Midori
Ranked #26 of 65 Restaurants in Oamaru
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New Japanese restaurant. On site of previous Latitude 45. We also have a new takeaway Sushi bar. Open 10am to 5pm Monday to Friday. We specialise in coffee, smoothies, frappes and much more Restaurant hours are Monday to Wednesday 11am to 3pm, 5pm to 8.30Pm Thursday and Friday 11am to 3pm, 5pm to 9pm. Saturday 11.30Am to 9pm Sunday 12 to 8.30Pm
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My friends and I go quiet often and really enjoy what we order for lunch they have great sushi with plenty to choose from.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I wanted to like this more than I did, because the people here were really pleasant! But unfortunately the food was truly average. Not bad, not great, and there's not much to be said about average Japanese food.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

During my recent visit to Oamaru, I had lunch at the Midori two times. The service was prompt, friendly, and the Bento Boxes were copious and delicious.

I look forward to visiting again and enjoying the katsu.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I visited for dinner recently. Admittedly there are limited choices in Oamaru but I think I would give it a swerve in the future. the menu is very limited. Portions are a good size. I ordered a Bento box - safe I know, but it had very odd Europeanised food choices included. food which is not Japanese. None of the staff were Japanese so that might account for it. A staff member sat behind the counter reading, there was no music and the atmosphere was very uncomfortable especially as there was hardly anyone there. maybe there was a reason for that.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

A friend and I went to Midori whilst visiting Oamaru and it was absolutely delicious. I had the tempura vegetables and my friend had the katsu prawn curry. The service was swift and friendly Nothing was too much trouble, and we were well looked after by our hosts. The food was very authentic Japanese. It's a must when visiting this beautiful town