Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
No prepayment needed
Go to your Happy Price
Vio.com
No prepayment needed
All reviews full kitchen within walking distance penguin colony unit motel town takeaway studio roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2023 via mobile

Stayed for one night so we could visit blue penguin colony while travelling around New Zealand. Room/apartment was very spacious and clean. Some nice, small touches such as offering fresh milk at check-in. Location is ok, albeit a short drive rather then short walk to penguin colony (but not a problem).

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2023 via mobile

Modern, roomy and clean motel unit, friendly welcome. Unit was well equipped and comfortable. Situated within walking distance of Oamaru centre. Also walkable to the penguin colony (30 minutes)
Good stay and would return , Recommended.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2022

This was my second stay at AAA. Another great experience…
The studio studios are extremely spacious & clean. Everything you need for a comfy night. There’s a full kitchen in you want to cook (cooktop elements & microwave, crockery, fridge etc.), or it’s an easy walk to the town restaurants and several takeaway options nearby. Excellent value for money.

Room tip: Ask for a room further away from the road if you’re a light sleeper. Rooms are double glazed tho and I never found it noisey.
Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 17 October 2021

My family stayed in the 1 bedroom family apartment. We had plenty of space with the kids taking the two single beds in the seperate bedroom, leaving me with a comfortable queen bed in the main room/living area. The apartment was up to date with no worn fixtures, linens or furniture. While none of the fittings were extravagantly luxurious, it was clear everything was relatively new which gave the whole apartment a neat and clean vibe. I was a little concerned about having the unit closest to the road but the soundproofing was really remarkable. I’m a bit precious about noise levels and have nothing to complain about there. Overall, an excellent apartment and friendly genuine staff was just the cherry on top.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 15 October 2021 via mobile

I said as I was leaving the property that I was going to improve his current rating from 9.4 to 10. For an overnight stop the price and value for money was exceptional with this Kiwi host. The bed was super comfortable, nice warm room, modern and large bathroom with a well appointed kitchen complete with teapot. I knew before I had arrived here that we would enjoy the stay because Willy was so accommodating and friendly. We weren’t disappointed so come on people, check this place out ahead of the more expensive ones on offer.

Room tip: Not many units, right across the road from a takeaway and take a walk up the hill at the end of the street.
Date of stay: October 2021