Lowest prices for your stay
$195
Fully refundable before Wed, 24 Apr
Hotels.com
All reviews full kitchen within walking distance penguin colony unit motel town takeaway studio roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2021 via mobile

I said as I was leaving the property that I was going to improve his current rating from 9.4 to 10. For an overnight stop the price and value for money was exceptional with this Kiwi host. The bed was super comfortable, nice warm room, modern and large bathroom with a well appointed kitchen complete with teapot. I knew before I had arrived here that we would enjoy the stay because Willy was so accommodating and friendly. We weren’t disappointed so come on people, check this place out ahead of the more expensive ones on offer.

Room tip: Not many units, right across the road from a takeaway and take a walk up the hill at the end of the street.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed from one night with our daughter. We booked a one bedroom unit. It was very spacious room with queen bed in the lounge and 2 singles in the bedroom. Windows are all double glazed so even though you are on a main highway there is no road noise! The whole unit was very very clean and had everything we needed. The beds where very comfortable with extra blankets provided in the cupboard. Owners we’re friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Easy parking
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2021

I hate it when I get to a motel and all the wine glasses are different, there are three coffee cups in 6 different designs and not one knife like another. Not so here, everything was standardised, clean and in excellent condition. This is an older motel, but very nicely renovated and spotless clean. The owner, Joan was very friendly and helpful with everything. There was a little bit of traffic noise, but not really disturbing.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 26 June 2020

Spacious studio motel unit, had been renovated since last time we stayed, ie kitchen and bathroom and repainting of walls. It was walkable distance to local restaurants, but to get to historic area, needed to take car. Easy check in and check out. Milk offered upon checkin but we bought our own.

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank jessiev25
Reviewed 4 March 2020

My wife and I stayed here to break the journey from The Catlins to Nelson. I find that when I sleep in a different place in a new bed I don't always sleep soundly. But the bed we had in unit 3 of this motel was just wonderful. Good pillow too. We slept extremely well. I also appreciated the paper towels provided in the kitchen, and the generous bottle of milk... enough for our cereal and my wife's morning coffee.

Date of stay: March 2020