All reviews full kitchen within walking distance penguin colony unit motel town takeaway studio roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2021

I hate it when I get to a motel and all the wine glasses are different, there are three coffee cups in 6 different designs and not one knife like another. Not so here, everything was standardised, clean and in excellent condition. This is an older motel, but very nicely renovated and spotless clean. The owner, Joan was very friendly and helpful with everything. There was a little bit of traffic noise, but not really disturbing.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 26 June 2020

Spacious studio motel unit, had been renovated since last time we stayed, ie kitchen and bathroom and repainting of walls. It was walkable distance to local restaurants, but to get to historic area, needed to take car. Easy check in and check out. Milk offered upon checkin but we bought our own.

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank jessiev25
Reviewed 4 March 2020

My wife and I stayed here to break the journey from The Catlins to Nelson. I find that when I sleep in a different place in a new bed I don't always sleep soundly. But the bed we had in unit 3 of this motel was just wonderful. Good pillow too. We slept extremely well. I also appreciated the paper towels provided in the kitchen, and the generous bottle of milk... enough for our cereal and my wife's morning coffee.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank StephenC5007
Reviewed 17 February 2020

Stayed here for one night and had a very good stay. This motel is a very short distance outside of the central hub, and even though it’s on the main road into town, you don’t notice the traffic. The room was a nice size, with a lovely big bathroom and spacious and well equipped kitchen. The host was very welcoming. I’d stay again.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 17 February 2020

This motel is located on the main road into town from Christchurch and around 5 mins drive from historic old town centre.
Rooms are very good size, clean and well equipped with cutlery etc. Owner is friendly. Absolutely nothing negative to say, would stay again.

Date of stay: February 2020