“Great life experience re-visited”
Review of Dolphin Encounter

Dolphin Encounter
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Kaikoura
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Swim with the dolphins in their natural environment or watch their acrobatic displays form the comfort of the boat.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I did this tour in 2000 and decided to return with our children aged 11 & 13. The experience was as unforgettable again, and our boys got to enjoy the chance to swim with dolphins as well as spot killer whales on the trip back. The staff were brilliant, both ladies were helpful for anything we needed and as excited as us when the killer whales were located. Very professional and well organised tour

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing experience! These guys work with other tour operators in the area to locate the dolphins. Saw so many dolphins and the company don't entice them in any way and work on a policy that we are there to entertain the dolphins rather than the other way round. They are very proactive in keeping the sea clean as they would collect any rubbish floating in the water. The tour guides were very friendly and determined to make our experience one to remember. Would definitely recommend swimming with the dolphins.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Wonderful experience made possible by this friendly and professional company. We were expertly fitted out with wetsuits etc before taking to the ocean in search of dolphins. I found swimming with the dolphins challenging as the swell was high and my stamina not as good as it used to be. However, I would not have missed this for the world. The dolphins were delightful, the staff encouraging and the views spectacular. Loved every minute. Felt very grateful not to suffer from seasickness as many of our fellow participants found the swell difficult.

1  Thank ziazak
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I've been lucky enough to go on safari in Tanzania and swim with crocodiles in Zimbabwe but this would have to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. We swam with the dolphins for nearly an hour and they interacted with us the whole time. In between playing with us, the dolphins put on an extraordinary show, somersaulting and leaping high into the air, against a backdrop of snow capped mountains and clear blue skies. The staff were knowledgeable and informative and helped make this a trip to remember.

1  Thank Kerre W
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Booked a Dolphin Encounter for my daughter and myself and a dolphin watch for my wife. After three hours on the water did not see any dolphins but did see a humpback whale. As we weren't able to see dolphins the company refunded all but $20 each. I'm amazed that they have this policy. The staff were knowledgeable and friendly. It was unfortunate that we didn't see dolphins but would highly recommend this company to others.

1  Thank nanook59