“Dissatisfied.”
Review of Mayfair Theatre

Mayfair Theatre
Ranked #1 of 2 Fun & Games in Kaikoura
More attraction details
Owner description: A fantastic community owned and run 1930's art deco building screening the latest blockbusters and popular movies.
Reviewed 30 October 2016

I didn't go because they are not showing the movie I wanted to see and don't intend to either in spite of it being one of the biggest anticipated movies this year. And I didn't like their attitude when I asked about it either.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Mayfair one Friday evening during a short stay in Kaikoura - we were worried it might be quite busy as went to see a new film just after its release but we were pleasantly surprised that the cinema still had lots of seats. It is well maintained and we really enjoyed our visit - it is a locally run cinema and we were made to feel very welcome. Also the cinema has recently undergone a digital upgrade so no longer has intervals partway through the films. Ticket prices are in line wth other cinemas in New Zealand so very reasonable.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I stumbled on this place on my way down to the peninsula walkway and was pleasantly surprised to be welcomed by friendly staff. I booked my ticket there and then and returned several hours later to see Deadpool. This made for a fantastic end to my day and the walk back to my accommodation along the beach in the moonlight just topped it all off.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

I went to the cinema two times during my stay in Kaikoura.
I really liked the film selection, pretty much up to date. Normally priced cinema tickets (15 dollars, or on cincema day 12 dollars)
It's small but really cosy. I really liked the whole flair of it.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

This was a delightful find along the seafront road toward the southern end of town.
It has a good-sized screen, the seats are pretty comfortable and the pre-film commercials were mercifully short. Entrance fees and ice cream prices were very reasonable.
This institution deserves the support of locals and visitors alike.