“Great tour”

Kaikoura Marine Tours
Ranked #17 of 27 Tours in Kaikoura
More attraction details
Owner description: Kaikoura Marine Tours provides small personal Eco Tours (max 8 people) that are fun, informative and educational. The Eco Tour focus is on Kaikoura’s marine ecosystem and specifically seals, seabirds, and fish. The tour includes seal and albatross viewing as well as a 45 minute ‘fish for your dinner’. This is a fantastic tour for families and the environmentally aware traveller.
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

We had a great morning with Simon who took us fishing and then on to see dolphins and seals. Simon was very friendly towards our kids and made the trip feel relaxed and fun. My kids loved the fishing and Simon was very knowledgeable about the fish, birds and all the wildlife we saw. I would highly recommend this tour. We had a great time!!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing trip! Simon is a legend. Me and my partner got 2 crayfish and 1.2kg of fish. We took it to the local fish and chip shops who cooked it all up for us (for a fee). Great day out.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

We had an unforgettable 3 hours with the lovely, very friendly, competent & knowledgeable Simon. A bit of fishing, a visit to a seal nursery to see the babies learning to swim, and an amazing encounter with dozens of wild dolphins swimming and leaping all around the boat. Simon has deep experience & knowledge of the local area and fauna, and was great at making it interesting for the children A wonderful way to see the beautiful coast of Kaikoura, highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

What can I say. My husband and I had the most amazing trip. Our skipper Simon could not have been more helpful, friendly or knowledgable. We saw pretty much everything there is to see in the incredible Kaikoura waters and to top it off went back with cod, perch and a couple of whopping crayfish for our tea. If you want to see and do it all then this is the trip to go on. I will never forget this once in a lifetime experience. The memory of the dolphins swimming all around our boat and showing off in the swells will stay with me forever, as will the taste of the freshly cooked fish. Simply out of this world.

Reviewed 26 January 2015

We had the most amazing tour and absolutely loved it! We started out with a bit of fishing, then spent some of the fish feeding birds (sea gulls and albatross mostly), then raced some dolphins, saw a penguin, a whale in the distance, visited a seal colony and finished off catching crayfish.
We were 3 people in all on the small boat. Our captain was very knowledgeable and kind and I couldn't have wished for a better tour given the weather conditions. A lovely and very intimate tour!

1  Thank mimarimani