Beachfront Hotel Hokitika
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Shining Star Beachfront Accommodation(Hokitika)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$106
US$99
Annabelle Motel(Hokitika)
US$102
US$86
Agoda.com
Jade Court Motor Lodge(Hokitika)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$71
Agoda.com
Mountain Jade Backpackers(Hokitika)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$122
US$113
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
252 Beachside Motels & Holiday Park(Hokitika)(Great Value!)
US$92
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
HotelQuickly
All reviewsocean viewnew wingunderfloor heatingthe penthousetasman seatop floorhotel restaurantthird floorheated towel railoceanview roomin townsound of the wavesjacuzzi bathking bedwalk along the beachfantastic locationacross the road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

While the price we were charged was OTT ( Hokitika was booked out) we enjoyed our stay and will likely stay again.

The rooms ( we stayed in 2) are comfortable and clean. Aircon would a good addition but wide opening doors did the job and improved the sea views.

The restaurant was very good with a simple and uncomplicated menu and wine list.

The staff were attentive and friendly.

Overall a good stay. Recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2018

My partner and I had a great one night stay at the Beachfront Hotel. It's located right on the beach, and is in the heart of town (so it's right next to many restaurants and shops). I enjoyed the ocean view and the clean room with new finishes. One nice detail that we loved was the heated tiles in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable too, so we had a good nights rest. Our only one issue with the room was the toilet flush didn't work very well–but it was a minor problem and didn't affect our stay.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Hello,

Two of us stayed at the Beachfront for 2 nights 2 & 3 March, 2018, room 418.

It was an enjoyable stay, your hotel is located in a premium situation, the rooms command fantastic views and the location makes moving around the township easy.

It also commands a premium price ($250/night) for which I believe guests should receive a commensurate level of service at all levels, reception, bar, restaurant, room service and I am sure you would agree so I offer the following comments with respect to room cleaning service, the level of cleanliness of the room and the general condition of the room in the hope that you give some thought to what I have to say.

1.We did not expect towels that had been used to be left in the bathroom room, rather that they be replaced.

2.Nice that we were able to make a cup of tea or coffee, but would expect that the crockery used would be replaced with clean, this did not happen until I brought it to the attention of reception.

3.The litter bins were not emptied.

4.Not wanting to leave anything behind upon checkout, we checked, over, under, in everything, only to find that areas which the cleaning staff probably thought would not be subject to scrutiny were less than clean, in particular, under the sideboard.

5.Due to water from the shower splashing against the bottom of the door to the bathroom, something difficult to avoid due to position of the shower head, that part of the door is visibly deteriorating making it look quite shabby.

6.There is a convection heater on the wall near the ranch-slider door. The rust spots on it indicate attack from the elements.

When checking out I mentioned a couple of the above to your staff, I believe we dealt with Jasmine (?). I can understand staff not really wanting to hear any form of criticism of their place of employ but the impression I got from her was that she didn't really want to know about it and it is that, more than anything else combined with you not being a cheap place to stay, which has prompted this email.

I look forward to your response. In case you are wondering, I have not gone Facebooking, etc.

Please remember, we paid $250/night!

Regards,

Mark (sent March 5)

REPLY (received March 7)

Hi Mark

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review.

The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service we strive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory.
Your feedback was shared with our team to identify what went wrong.
They took to hart what was said and committed for the better.
As for the shower head and rust spots, we are looking into that…..

Thank you again for your input and we look forward to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.
Safe Travels

With thanks

William Simpson
General Manager ǀ Beachfront Hotel ǀ Super Liquor

My additional note:
Before posting this to Tripadvisor, I spent some time reviewing what others had said about this hotel and in particular the management's response to any negative comments to find that the response I received pretty much reflected those of others; a fairly tepid & generic response that was aimed more at appeasement than suggesting that anything would be done about concerns raised.

Room Tip: The only rooms worth having are those facing the beach
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kadeksupartaw
Reviewed 1 March 2018

This is an average hotel, with decent rooms and facilities, some in need of TLC. Our room had a fabulous sea view, and the sound of crashing breakers helped us sleep and made up for the torrential rain which kept us from using the balcony. Sunny next morning and a walk along the beach is a must. Supermarket and beer/wine shop next door, lots of tourist shops and bars/cafés close by. Hokitika is more a stop-over than a resort, but don't miss the wonderful views and walks available a short distance inland around Lake Kaniere (wonderfully quiet since most tourists just pass by).

Reviewed 1 March 2018

This was one of our favourite hotels of our holiday, we only stayed for 1 night but the room was spacious, quiet and very clean, We had a lovely view of the sunset.
We would highly recommend as a great stop over.

Room Tip: we were on the first floor with a sea-view, loved it
1  Thank skitzySuffolk