Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
$157
Brownros
Marlborough Region, New Zealand

comfortable clean well appointed motel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Oct 2019
This motel is superb. You can drive to the door.It is warm very comfortable exceptionally clean and very well appointed. There is even coffee to make a welcoming plunger. The motel is quiet and spacious has comfortable beds and pillows. Bliss for weary travellers. We will definitely return.
Thank you.
Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hotels.com
0.5 km from Fitzherbert Court Motel
    $349
11.6 km from Fitzherbert Court Motel
View more hotels in Hokitika
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2019

I have been travelling for a few weeks across the country - staying at a different motor lodge every day - I booked the spa room on Booking.com and got a good price - when I arrived and unpacked - The spa bath was there - the TV options limited unlike other motels and there was a little portable heater to heat the room - which took a while - fortunately I brought a hot water bottle . The room was clean and tidy and the wifi free to use - I did a few hours of work and thought I would warm up with the bath - looked forward to it - Bath full - it didn't work . There wasn't an internal phone to call the reception - but I called by mobile - to find out that they were fully aware that the bath didn't work - did I want to move - what unpacked - work all over the room and naked ! Yeah nah - was really disappointed and said I would deal with in the morning - which I did - I was given $ 5 back after asking for the refund - I asked for the price between the two rooms and - it was $5 and I asked for it back on my company card-I explained how disappointed I was and also explained that the local fish and chip shop also took advantage of "tourists " by supplying worst fish and chips ever - thrice cooked I reckon without actually any potato left - but I digress - I think this town is used to fleecing tourists - so beware !! Also the motel on this side of the street is right next to train tacks that you think you are in and earthquake at 5am !! the whole building shakes - not a lot of sleep had

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2019

This motel was very spacious, clean and warm. The bed was warm and very comfortable. Cleanliness could not be faulted. With motel being on main highway we found the traffic noise minimal. Did not realise the train track was behind us until we walked into town, which was a 10-15 minute flat walk. the daily replenishing of our coffee/tea was much appreciated and the first time this has happened. Would definitely stay again. Thank you!

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank roslynf61
Reviewed 6 April 2019 via mobile

Staff member was just new, very friendly and helpful. Room 7 was very very spacious and beds extremely comfortable. There was traffic and train noise but closed windowz helped mute this. Everthing was VERY clean with an abundance of linen and tea coffee and milk. Due to location being out of town a car is ezsential. However it is walking distance to the glow worm dell.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2019 via mobile

Exceptional large unit with two bedrooms plus a single in the living. Comfortable lounge furniture and a spacious dining and kitchen area. Nice linens. Good value all round and friendly helpful proprietors

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2019

Looks good on the outside but.....Unit 11 was well below par: the grouting of the walk in shower was black and filthy, taps and grouting in the basin have seen better days, the bed needs replacing, broken window hinges, stained carpet etc.Two old coat hangers in the closet! Basically they need to strip everything out and replace and refresh. Very noisy due to road and train noise. Their web site needs refreshing also as they do not accept Fly Buys or anything else promoted on the site.

Date of stay: March 2019