“Maybe the chef didn't turn up”

Buccleugh's on High
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Greymouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Buccleugh's On High is a stand alone restaurant but part of the Recreation Hotel. Diners can eat in the restaurant but also have the option of eating off the restaurant menu in our lively and clean bar.
Reviewed 8 November 2023

The sparsely customer-populated restaurant offered an intersting menu. My pork dinner took 55 minutes to arrive. One portion was overcooked,dry and tough. The remainder was fine, a mystery in time and execution.

Date of visit: September 2023

Reviewed 8 November 2023

Oh, I'm so glad I had dinner at Buccleighs on High! It's such a fantastic spot in Greymouth. The atmosphere is cozy and the service is top-notch.I ordered steak which the servers brought out exactly how I like it, excellent service, asthetic environment a really great place.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 3 November 2023

I have been in New Zealand 🇳🇿 for a few months travelling around the country and up until today the food has been really good THIS HAS BEEN SOME OF THE WORST FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD THE PORK WAS TASTELESS AND DRY THE STAFF DID NOTHING WHEN I MENTIONED HOW DRY IT WAS THEY JUST SAID I WILL TELL THE CHEF NOT REALLY GOOD ENOUGH I LEFT MORE THAN HALF MY DINNER SAVE YOUR MONEY EAT ELSEWHERE

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 23 August 2023 via mobile

I have visited this place many times over the last 10 years. It was a great place to eat. Not anymore. Bsic food which is substandard bearly warm.

The wait person tonight was more interested in cleaning than taking my money at check out time.

Was vibrate with lots of people there. No more. Best avoided

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 16 June 2023

Both of us had pork belly which came out luke warm, and not very well cooked. The fat was still solid, not rendered down at all and connective tissues were still very tough. In effect it was cold and chewy. No taste or seasoning to speak of. Way overpriced at $42. We declined dessert as they are all bulk purchased, reheated with cream squirted on top. Nothing much seems to be made on site, even the potato rosties are bought in. This used to be a good restaurant but they have slipped badly.

Date of visit: June 2023