Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$108
CheapTicketsUS$108
Orbitz.comUS$108
TravelocityUS$108
Trip.comUS$108
TripadvisorUS$108
All reviews train station fresh milk great advice excellent hosts free internet nice stay off street parking next morning pancake rolls wendy murray sundowners motel town christchurch accommodation password
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

Wendy was really helpful on check in. She showed me a map with locations of places to eat in Greymouth and told me about the 10% off offer at monteith's, which we enjoyed. Wendy also looked up the tide times for the pancake rocks the next day which were spectacular. The model's location is perfect for the Tranzalpine train and walking into town. Room was very large and kitchenette well equipped. Plenty of parking.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

Hi Jarr_mich Thankyou for your wonderful review after staying at the Sundowner Motel on your recent trip to Greymouth.
It is always nice to recieve positive feedback from guests telling us what they enjoyed about their stay.

Thats great the pancake rocks were performing for you on your visit to them and that you also enjoyed your visit to Monteiths Brewery and received a 10% discount which all our guests recieve when visiting there.

Hope to see you again one day , safe travels Murray and Wendy.

Reviewed 24 April 2021

Friendly, helpful reception with just the right amount of information to make sure I had a great stay. Room is very spacious with all the amenities I could want - fresh milk in a little bottle in the fridge is the icing on the cake!

Room tip: Upstairs gives you a great view across the town
Date of stay: April 2021

Hello again and thanks so much for posting a review on tripadvisor after staying here recently. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here we hope the rest of your trip around the South is enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again one day..

Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

I love staying here, Murray and Wendy are super friendly and excellent hosts. They really make me feel welcome and handle any requests with ease. The rooms are comfy
& have everything you need. Close to a supermarket and restaurants make the Sundowner's location great, heaps of off street parking too.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

Hi Phillippar, Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to review your stay at the Sundowner Motel. We always enjoy having you stay when you are on a sales trip on the West Coast. We enjoy your bubbly personality and we look forward to having you stay again later in the month. Happy Easter and enjoy your break.

Reviewed 22 March 2021

I arrived in Greymouth around lunch time and checked into Motel around 1:00pm.

I was then away for the rest of the day and returned to the Motel around 7:30pm.

I wanted to connect to the free internet and the room folio said to contact the office...so I went to the office to get the wifi password.

I was told the password was written on a pice of paper on the table.

I told reception I did not see any password...but went back to my room to check.

There was no password so went back to the office.

I was told it was overlooked because I checked in before 2:00pm and didn’t follow the motel rules.

This was repeated twice more on my request for the password.

At this point reception told me they would have it for me in 5 minutes... to which I replied...no problem I’m happy watching the rugby at this point.

The response was .... OK you won’t mind if I do it in an hour then ?

I found this to be quite rude and awkward.... so as so as customer satisfaction goes I found it very poor.

Apart from this the room was OK and I checked out early the next morning at 6:30am

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Hi Martin, Thanks for your review. We are sorry that you felt you had awkward experience when you stayed here recently however the whole experience/issue could have easily been avoided if you had arrived after 2.00 pm which is standard check in time in New Zealand and gives us and our staff time to fully prepare the rooms for the days arrivals.
Regards Murray and Wendy.

Reviewed 27 February 2021

It is a nice place to stay. Rooms are very good and tidy. Up on hill over looking railway station and great view of town.
Staff service was fantastic trying to help us get back to Christchurch, due to train cancelled by level 2 covid.

Date of stay: February 2021
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Good Morning to you both, thanks for your great review following your stay with u earlier this month. Glad we could help you out trying to get you back to Christchurch. We hope it all went well and you got home in the end.
Hope to see you again someday and in the meantime stay safe.