Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dreamer64988343039

Friendly, helpful and practical

Review of Sundowner Motel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Apr 2021
Friendly, helpful reception with just the right amount of information to make sure I had a great stay. Room is very spacious with all the amenities I could want - fresh milk in a little bottle in the fridge is the icing on the cake!
Date of stay: April 2021
Room Tip: Upstairs gives you a great view across the town
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this review
Responded 26 Apr 2021
Hello again and thanks so much for posting a review on tripadvisor after staying here recently. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here we hope the rest of your trip around the South is enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again one day..

$195
  • Vio.com
18.8 km from Sundowner Motel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Greymouth
All reviews train station fresh milk trans alpine a great place to stay new zealand wendy murray hosts christchurch motel tranzalpine countdown coast units west wifi track
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

I love staying here, Murray and Wendy are super friendly and excellent hosts. They really make me feel welcome and handle any requests with ease. The rooms are comfy
& have everything you need. Close to a supermarket and restaurants make the Sundowner's location great, heaps of off street parking too.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

Hi Phillippar, Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to review your stay at the Sundowner Motel. We always enjoy having you stay when you are on a sales trip on the West Coast. We enjoy your bubbly personality and we look forward to having you stay again later in the month. Happy Easter and enjoy your break.

Reviewed 22 March 2021

I arrived in Greymouth around lunch time and checked into Motel around 1:00pm.

I was then away for the rest of the day and returned to the Motel around 7:30pm.

I wanted to connect to the free internet and the room folio said to contact the office...so I went to the office to get the wifi password.

I was told the password was written on a pice of paper on the table.

I told reception I did not see any password...but went back to my room to check.

There was no password so went back to the office.

I was told it was overlooked because I checked in before 2:00pm and didn’t follow the motel rules.

This was repeated twice more on my request for the password.

At this point reception told me they would have it for me in 5 minutes... to which I replied...no problem I’m happy watching the rugby at this point.

The response was .... OK you won’t mind if I do it in an hour then ?

I found this to be quite rude and awkward.... so as so as customer satisfaction goes I found it very poor.

Apart from this the room was OK and I checked out early the next morning at 6:30am

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Martinrolleston
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

Hi Martin, Thanks for your review. We are sorry that you felt you had awkward experience when you stayed here recently however the whole experience/issue could have easily been avoided if you had arrived after 2.00 pm which is standard check in time in New Zealand and gives us and our staff time to fully prepare the rooms for the days arrivals.
Regards Murray and Wendy.

Reviewed 27 February 2021

It is a nice place to stay. Rooms are very good and tidy. Up on hill over looking railway station and great view of town.
Staff service was fantastic trying to help us get back to Christchurch, due to train cancelled by level 2 covid.

Date of stay: February 2021
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2021

Good Morning to you both, thanks for your great review following your stay with u earlier this month. Glad we could help you out trying to get you back to Christchurch. We hope it all went well and you got home in the end.
Hope to see you again someday and in the meantime stay safe.

Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

Had a great stay, comfortable, clean accommodation, great location, close to everything. Owners went above and beyond to those train going travellers. Thoroughly recommend staying at this location, great advice on cafes etc A+++

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Wendy Torrens, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2020

Hi Jo
Thanks for the wonderful comments following your recent stay at the Sundowner Motel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Greymouth and got to sample some of the great eatries that Greymouth has on offer. Hopefully your train trip back was memorable. Hope to see you again some time if you travel again to the West Coast. All the best and stay safe. Murray & Wendy Torrens

Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

We had an excellent 2 night stay in clean , well designed,comfortable room.
Murray offered to collect us from the train station and then gave us lots of invaluable info about the local places of interest.There was lots of coffee, tea and fresh milk,replaced daily .All furniture and fittings worked well apart from the kettle which was immediately replaced with a new one and a with a smile!
Excellently located for shops, station and cafes
Good value for money. Highly recommended

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sundownerwestcoast, Owner at Sundowner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Hi Karen

Thanks for your excellent review on Tripadvisor. Its always nice to hear the our guests have enjoyed their stay with us at the Sundowner Motel.

Your courier bag arrived today so we have sent your property via the courier this afternoon, hope it arrive in time for you.

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday, Regards Murray and Wendy.