Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mezzas21
Auckland, New Zealand

Terrible do not stay here

Review of Breeze Motel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Oct 2020via mobile
This place does not even have 1 star and it shows. The reception area was cluttered and disorganised. When I arrived staff at reception didn’t understand enough English when I was trying to say I had a reservation. They were also untidy with stained clothing, dirty fingernails etc. This was an indication as to what the rest of the property would be like. My room was disgusting and dirty. There was hair in the shower and the bathroom sink had not been cleaned in a long time. I ended up not using the bathroom at all and waited until I got to my next destination to shower. I used my own linen and pillows as the duvet was also dirty. The male staff member got aggressive when I was pointing out the dirt in the room and was shouting at me. It was very intimidating. I was unable to use the electric blanket as there were exposed wires so it was unsafe. The heater was very loud so I wasn’t able to use this for long. I am unsure how this property is allowed to keep operating in its current state.
Date of stay: October 2020
  • Vio.com
19.5 km from Breeze Motel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Greymouth
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2020

The last bed in town, and the only reason to say here.
Very aged. Booked 24 hours in advance, the last room. Didn’t supply a GST receipt, even when asked and was very reluctant to take a credit card, only did as I do not have a cash card.
A group of 5 of us, some booked 5 days ahead.
The heater was turned on when I arrived, it was freezing cold.
We all found that the wifi connection connected but no internet.
The only information in the units was a menu for a Korean restaurant.
My electric blanket worked, but none of the others did.
Built in the 1960’s or early 70’s and looks like it.

Room tip: Try to avoid this place.
Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2020

My husband and I recently stayed at The Breeze. We were welcomed by a very friendly owner, who showed us to our room. The room was extremely clean and the bed comfortable and warm. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to others.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 27 February 2020 via mobile

Could not believe the untidiness of the reception area and Managers residence. Absolutely disgusting. Clothes and other items strewn around the whole area and all on full public view.

To their credit the rooms, while very different in decor and styling, were reasonably clean with new carpet and two recliner chairs for comfort. However the shower leaked all over the floor.

TV reception is very ordinary and wifi is so slow you would be able to send things faster with snail mail from NZ Post.

Very loud aggressive argument on telephone by owner/manager in Chinese outside of the office was also very off-putting.

Don’t think I will be in any hurry to come back but don’t think that will concern the owners.
The bed was bloody uncomfortable with the mattress absolutely beyond its use by date. Roll into the middle of the bed situation did not allow a great deal of sleep as did also the coming and going of motor vehicles at all hours of the night.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 385gregd
Reviewed 24 January 2020 via mobile

Friendly people but very run down motel.

Very untidy managers quarters which you can see from reception.

Everything was just pretty tired and dirty. Curtains didn’t fit the windows, duvets didn’t fit the beds. Sheets were clean and bed comfortable. Kitchen just pretty grimy everywhere. New carpet and Lino in our room (room 8) but didn’t make up for anything unfortunately.

People in room next to me quite loud and drinking until 2am (old seals around windows didn’t help keep noise and their cigarette smoke out either) highlight of stay was that management came straight away to ask them to quiet (which they did straight away) which I really appreciated.

Asked reception how much laundry was and told it was too expensive and I should use one at campground next door, which we did and it was great, although not most convenient.

Wouldn’t stay again unfortunately.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank staceyh86
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

Unfortunately the person in reception wasn't very welcoming when we arrived (maybe little experience in hospitality). It felt a bit like we were putting him out by arriving. One other person in the evening was more helpful. Walked into reception which opened onto private unkempt living areas which was not what I wanted to see. Booked this place late over the holiday period so there wasn't much else on offer. Didn't feel tidy or clean. Beds felt like they were made by a 12yo, clean sheets not sure about the undersized cover?

Date of stay: January 2020