All reviews seal colony low tide cooking utensils camping heaps punakaiki
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Stayed here for one night 5th March in rental motor home.used the facilities ,showers etc.This park is a worn out 60s time warp.Many things in need of tlc ,not good enough.We paid $34 .oo. For the view !!,

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Funny, I have to agree with all of the reviews I read here? The good and the bad. Great location, locked into the 60's when tourism was really just getting popular. Not much has changed.
The camper van sites either back onto the beach or overlook it.
Constant bash of the surf is comforting.
But don't be in the kitchen after 10:30 am, the owner literally comes in and chases you out.
And really, two of the three showers are in the corner of the lounge/dining room.
Cheap cabins are OK but cramped by just about any standard.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MiguelitoyCat
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Everything was great, the lady at office was friendly and helpful. The place was cute,kiwi and cosy with everything you need, and good affordable rates. Nice by the beach. Unfortunately it went down hill when the other owner, (husband?) was so rude to me when I asked a simple question, it could have made you cry it was really off...sad when you are excited to be on holidays, after saving up to come, and one person can throw such a damper on the experience. I would have gladly come back apart from this experience, I hope it gets rectified.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Elsie S
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

This is a very simple camp ground with clean tidy amenities. My single cabin was warm and tidy with a TV fridge and toaster. Very reasonably priced. Maybe a little old and slightly run down but value for money and if you plan to get out and about instead of lounging around all day this is the perfect stay. I enjoyed!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rockaruni
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

such a beautiful spot right on the beach would have loved to go and stay there again however we decided leave as the weather was terrible my partner went to get a the washing out of the machine there was 4 minutesto go beforeit was finished and the owner started to abuse my partner by calling her names i cant say on thus reveiw and swearing at her making her cry such a bad experience for us as this was my first time to the west coast and to grey mouth I was excited about coming here however due to the abusive nature of the owners I never want to return gremouth I hope people don't stay here grey mouth dosent need people like that in this beautiful town very sad and very very poor experiencefor someone's first time here

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family