“Great evening out”

Turmeric Indian Whangarei
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in Whangarei
Description: Authentic Indian Food with Specialized Wine Menu focusing on local Northland wines.
Reviewed 5 September 2023

Lovely and quaint, just big enough to be able to have great food and awesome conversations without the hum of other diners.
Food was very tasty and filling AND very good value for money.
Staff were discreet but attentive. I would definitely recommend for anyone to dine in at Tumeric.

Date of visit: August 2023
2  Thank Gina E
Rajesh Singh, Owner at Turmeric Indian Whangarei, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2023

Thank you so much ginae880, hope to see you soon.
Team Turmeric

Reviewed 5 September 2023

Lunch special us the best value for money in Whangarei lunchtime. Their mild is just the right amount if slightly spicy that it has the taste but is certified safe for wimps like me. Comes out quick and its the perfect price and portion for a walk around town. One day ill be brave enough to branch out but i alwase go for lamb rogan josh.

Date of visit: September 2023

Thank you Roving, hope to see you soon.
kind regard,
Team Turmeric

Reviewed 29 January 2023 via mobile

So i arrived about 16:10 so was early and i also chose an outside table which hadn't been set up, so bear that in mind when reading the comments. I'm also on holiday from England so I'm comparing this from a pretty high bar .
My waiter I assume waiter as he was dressed in sweatpants and a tatty T shirt. My guess is the front of house A team hadn't clocked in yet. Regardless the guy was very helpful got me a beer and took the order. I chose a bland mango chicken and peshwari nan. The chicken was excellent and there was more than enough. The nan although well stuffed was flat and uninspiring. Nans usually plump up in the oven this one was just a flat pancake.
The waiter once the food was delivered went AWOL and i never got a second drink and eventually pinched napkins and everything else from an inside table myself.
To be fair this may be what New Zealanders consider as normal but for me the food was just ok but the service was below par.

Date of visit: January 2023
Roving17060140354, General Manager at Turmeric Indian Whangarei, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2023

Hi 262jimn thank you for your feedback, yes you are correct you came early when our restaurant was not open and we were just setting up for dinner rush, and we do not setup outside table due to uncertainty of weather, and we had no staff at that time when you came in restaurant because that was our before hour, as you compairing us with some high quality bar then I really suggest you to please check trading hour of any restaurant before visiting them, sometimes thsi can upset you as not every restaurant is 24x7, but good to hear that you liked our food, hope to see you soon some other time.

Reviewed 24 November 2022

We were walking the streets looking for a decent meal after watching a movie and stumbled upon this gem. The food was excellent as was the service.

Date of visit: November 2022
2  Thank 111lyallc
Reviewed 12 November 2022 via mobile

This restaurant used to be my favourite. It has changed hands and the food was obviously of a different standard. Tasteless and chewy naan, mixed platter not the same, flavor is lacking and much smaller portions. Curry was average.

Date of visit: November 2022