“What's happend?”

Ranked #41 of 159 Restaurants in Whangarei
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not good !! Food was not of good quality, pre packaged, the staff didnt know what they were doing. LONG WAIT and place was empty.
Used to be so good. Slices seemed to be bought in (penguin?? Or similar) Nothing flash. New management??
Wont go back again, sorry

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I could not recognize the cafe i used to love. Has this been sold? If yes, sorry, but its not working!!! It seems they are trying to cut costs at customer expense. Not a good move!

From the few vegan options they had i ordered mushrooms with cashew cream. So they served me a very dry and tasteless almond "butter" instead and no one told me they were out.
Mushrooms on toast for 18 bucks, a couple of pieces of dried supermarket quality "sourdough bread" and a few mushrooms and spinach. No cashew cream, lots of balsamic taste... small portion...
Turmeric latte at nearly 7 bucks, geez guys! Place used to be packed at lunch time, no wonder is dead.. they used to have amazing vegan salad options, cakes etc, now everything has either eggs, cheese, mayo, meat... its a real pitty.
I wont be coming back!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

First time at Nectar Cafe and it was absolutely delicious. Such a warm and friendly customer service and really homely setting. Awesome variety on the menu that caters for GF and DF which I love

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Breakfast, is my favourite meal of the day. These guys are open at 7am and thats a real bonus. Lots of space and the heater is on. The cooked breakfast is out in good time and its all hot. The coffee is perfect, this cafe is on my regular list.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Went to Nectar for breakfast by myself. I used to go here frequently and liked it. Walking in something felt different. Nobody was smiling and the display cabinet looked quite empty. I learned that it was under new ownership. This didn't bother me and I went ahead and ordered a coffee and a bagel with salmon and cream cheese. I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw it. There were two toasted bagel halves on the plate, a very small dish of cream cheese, a green pesto sauce and some smoked salmon that looked like all the cheap offcuts. It was grey and piled up in a very unappetizing way. No nice slices of yummy smoked salmon, just bits heated up and tasting very old and salty. The green sauce was definitely out of a bottle, very chemical tasting. There was no garnish or any way of making the plate look like it had been prepared with care or love. Definitely not the old Nectar. The salmon tasted so bad I couldn't eat it and just had the bagel and cream cheese. Nobody came to check or ask how it was. Definitely not an experience to repeat. Shame, it used to be a really high quality place before.

Date of visit: May 2018