“New Owners, New attitude, same good service”
Review of Nectar

Nectar
Ranked #41 of 159 Restaurants in Whangarei
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Breakfast, is my favourite meal of the day. These guys are open at 7am and thats a real bonus. Lots of space and the heater is on. The cooked breakfast is out in good time and its all hot. The coffee is perfect, this cafe is on my regular list.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Went to Nectar for breakfast by myself. I used to go here frequently and liked it. Walking in something felt different. Nobody was smiling and the display cabinet looked quite empty. I learned that it was under new ownership. This didn't bother me and I went ahead and ordered a coffee and a bagel with salmon and cream cheese. I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw it. There were two toasted bagel halves on the plate, a very small dish of cream cheese, a green pesto sauce and some smoked salmon that looked like all the cheap offcuts. It was grey and piled up in a very unappetizing way. No nice slices of yummy smoked salmon, just bits heated up and tasting very old and salty. The green sauce was definitely out of a bottle, very chemical tasting. There was no garnish or any way of making the plate look like it had been prepared with care or love. Definitely not the old Nectar. The salmon tasted so bad I couldn't eat it and just had the bagel and cream cheese. Nobody came to check or ask how it was. Definitely not an experience to repeat. Shame, it used to be a really high quality place before.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We were a group of six ordering together, all but one order was chosen from the counter display. Considering this we were disappointed to have to wait 25 minutes for service which took up almost half of our lunch hour. The next day I pre ordered but the wait was the same.
When the food arrived it was almost faultless - the corn fritter stack just needing more seasoning which is easy to do yourself.
Best meals are the Breakfast Bagel, Salmon Bagel, Corn Fritters, and the huge wraps and sandwiches.
The coffee is strong enough just could be hotter.
The cafe has more space at the back overlooking the park.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Not a salad person per say especially if there is no chicken in it, but I like the organic and healthy attitude of this place so my brother and I catch up for a bowl of salad every now and then and I always feel better for being here rather than eating something not healthy and unimaginative somewhere else

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Had the vegetarian nacros did not taste that great and watery; sorry but you really need to improve the food and the menu needs to be updated, coffee was ok

Date of visit: December 2017