“Great food, coffee and service ”

Fresh Licensed Cafe
Ranked #48 of 160 Restaurants in Whangarei
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our brunch here alot. We hadn't visited this cafe for years. I was unsure what to expect. I ordered the bacon and avo eggs bene while my partner ordered the chicken burger. We also ordered a latte and mocha for coffee. Overall our meals and coffees where great and so was the service. I really like the eggs bene. I like the rosti and the avo that comes with it. Probably my favourite bene in town now at the moment. I also got a takeaway seafood chowder. I asked for it unheated so I could have it later. The chowder was also very good. I would visit this place again.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank pr3zy

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Coffee is great here and service was super friendly. Nice space to hang out or if you're on the run they are quick with take away coffees, not losing and quality in the mean time. Great location, centre of town.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 May 2018

The best staff ever. The girl gave us 100% service. She asked us what temperature we wish our coffee to be at and served us as though we were her only customers. A good coffee is important so full credit to this cafe and the staff

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Anne255371
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

We both had the “special” Pork belly and greens.
The Pork was two slices of pork with soggy crackle. Obviously reheated in a microwave. Pork was “ok” but the salad was old. One piece of my lettuce was part green slime and the other pieces had brown edges.
We have been here before but unfortunately we won’t be returning.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My husbands order was wrong and when we told the guy he said well that's what I wrote down for you and that's what I charged you for and I've only been here 2 weeks - no my apologies, I will organize the correct meal for you???. My husband was so hungry he said that he would have it and ate the meal. Some time after he had finished his meal I decided I was over waiting for my meal and as we were walking inside he came out with it. We sat back down and I said to him "you do realize the meals should have been served together?" to which he replied - we are doing the best we can. We ordered a pulled pork open sandwich and a chicken salad - no reason they couldn't have been cooked at the same time. The Moroccan Chicken Salad was completely bland. I was going to advise the manager that their staff were giving this sort of service but the only person I saw in there was really busy with coffee. We won't make that mistake again.

Date of visit: January 2018