“Lunch stop”

Ranked #40 of 158 Restaurants in Whangarei
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2024

Just wanted a snack and they had a lunch special of 'soup and a toastie' which my wife had, i just fancied the toastie so they did that at a great price.
Food was tasty and hot.
Service excellent, and a great selection of drinks.

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 25 January 2024 via mobile

We were looking for somewhere to take a break from the extreme heat with a cold beer and some decent pub food. The Dickens was a great find.
Ice cold beer, great service and good food. I really enjoyed my grilled chicken burger for it's freshness and the absence of deep fried filling, instead it featured avocado and fresh salad. My partner had lamb meatballs with tzatziki and balsamic dressing. The food was beautiful and the service was brilliant. I would highly recommend this as a casual and affordable dining option.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 29 December 2023

Excellent service. There was a good variety of food on the menu. It was beautifully cooked and very generous portions.

Date of visit: December 2023
Reviewed 7 November 2023 via mobile

The Inn was just a 5 minute walk from our hotel and being a Monday only a few restaurants were open.
The menu was full of good eats and our waitress Cassandra did a good job looking after us. My wife had the vegetarian filo parcel and I had the scotch fillet. Both were good and an ample serving. The sticky date pudding was adequate but I am very fussy about this dessert.
Overall a good dining experience.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 18 August 2023

Have been here many times and I have found this time it was not up to scratch.
I had the seafood chowder, which only had a broth base, No cream or potatoes that I could taste, just broth with parley in it.
One I the worst chowders I have ever had.
Also there was no sour dough bread served at all with this.
No side dish to put the 3 prawn shells in and the couple of mussel and cockle shells.
Overall I was very disappointed with this meal.

Date of visit: August 2023