“Disgusting butter chicken”

Get food delivered
Ranked #18 of 158 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 February 2023

They probably had a bad batch or changed chef because someone else has also given a bad review today, but the butter chicken was absolutely disgusting. Milky, super sweet. I'm not a fussy eater but I had to spit it out, just disgusting. Very dissapointing. Called them and they answered "well no one else complained". I wish I had not spent 50$ there.

Date of visit: February 2023
1  Thank susieptg

Reviewed 3 February 2022

I went to Divine several years ago and really rated it. Today we had the lunch special takeaway, butter chicken and butter paneer. The portions were tiny and mostly 'gravy' with only a couple of pieces of chicken and paneer. The gravy had the consistency of soup not curry and it was sooooo sweet we couldn't eat it, even after adding salt, so it went down the toilet. Now I feel sick.

The person who took our order and served us needs to learn some customer service and people skills. Not at all friendly or welcoming. I was also slightly over charged from what I was told it wold be when I called the order in. If they do that to everyone it soon mounts up.

We most certainly will not be going back and certainly do not recommend it.

Date of visit: February 2022
1  Thank WellTravelledFoodie2
Reviewed 22 March 2021

Amazing quality, they make it actually spicy for me (unlike most places) amazing VEGAN options, generous portions and are super friendly!! I moved to Auckland but this is still my favourite ever and I wait to come up here to get my fix because nowhere else is as good ^_^ thank you so much guys ~ Monnie

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 27 July 2020

Service was friendly and the food very good, priced well if you are wanting a quality lunch at a reasonable price Divine is recommended.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 15 July 2020

We've gone several times and never been disappointed with their delicious food. We lived in Sandringham so had the best of Indian foods to choose from, so to find a good restaurant in Whangarei was such a pleasure :)

Date of visit: July 2020