“So happy to find good Indian food in Whangarei!”

Divine Indian Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #18 of 159 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 July 2020

We've gone several times and never been disappointed with their delicious food. We lived in Sandringham so had the best of Indian foods to choose from, so to find a good restaurant in Whangarei was such a pleasure :)

Date of visit: July 2020

Reviewed 9 October 2019

On my first visit to this restaurant I had their Punjabi Lamb, now I have eaten curries most of my life and this was Devine. Since then my wife regularly go back there and always start with a mixed platter then she picks or I pick to try something different. You can't beat the Lamb Punjabi.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

My family & I eat here very regularly. Food is always of a good standard. The staff are always accommodating in our requests (e.g. if we want to change something in the set dishes). And the staff are knowledgeable about what is gluten free as I’m coeliac. We especially like this place as it’s one of the few Indian restaurants where my 5 year old daughter will eat her favourite dish which isn’t ‘too spicy’ for her, yet there are lots of options for us adults who want a little more spice.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank SarahCLKong
Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

We ordered a curry from here for takeaways one evening and noticed the pizza menu. It's so reasonably priced we thought we'd try it. Well, they were amazing! We won't be ordering pizza from anywhere else for a while. Such delicious flavours and the bases are perfect! Have since ordered for a extended family lunch and everyone else loved them too.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 5 August 2019

Our two dishes both lacked spices and the sauce was very uneventful. The amount of meat was a huge let down. A few pieces of chicken (approx 7 small bits) floating around in a boring sauce. Not sure if it was due to the "chef" that night, but wont be returning to see if it was - that's how disappointed I was.

Date of visit: August 2019