“Good cafe waterside”

Price range: US$3 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 September 2018

WE have been here a couple of times now when passing through Whangarei. It's a good cafe, consistent with food and coffee quality. We only had coffee and muffins which were very good, but I liked the look of some of the meals coming out! Grab a table outside and enjoy the basin atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch, no table service you must order your food at the counter. Limited range of cabinet food, mostly paninis. Inside and outdoor seating. The chairs are quite low for the table and I noticed cushions are provided, no doubt to combat the low chairs. We had burgers ($18.50 each) - chicken and vegetarian. They were substantial and came with chunky cut fries in a small basket. Nice presentation on a wooden platter, although they sat the burgers on top of a folded piece of paper with writing about Australia- I have no idea of its significance!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

My husband and I have had breakfast here and coffee several times. The food is good and the price is reasonable. The location is also good along the quay.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped for breakfast, the service was really fast, friendly and efficient. My daughter had a smoothie and pancakes and I had egg Benedict with salmon. We both liked our Kai and the setting was lovely.:)

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This was a nice place to grab a quick bite to eat. It wasn't expensive and was ideal to have a seat and chill for a bit.
The coffee was good and the food was quite nice.