“Good Thai food, no pretense.”

Sabai Thai Whangarei
Ranked #33 of 151 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017

My first Thai dinner in Whangarei was at the Sabai over two years ago when we moved here. As there were several Thai restaurants in town, I chose to dine in all of them in turn. My preference is still the Sabai and I have been coming back for more. Food is good, their Pad Thai commendable and their various curries are flavoursome.
Good atmosphere and service.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at most Thai Resturants in Whangarei, this is not rated the best but it is as good if not better than any Thai in Whamgarei. Highly underated, but highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

Tuesday night and its quiet in Whangarei. My two teenagers and I are looking for a simple authentic asian meal. The motel suggest Sabai Thai, a short walk from where we are staying. Quiet, air conditioned and neat and tidy...a great start. We were informed that the recommendation earned a free drink, nice! The curries were delicious and the rice, fluffy and light. Topped off with deep fried banana and ice-cream, all in all a good meal and a pleasing price. We will be back.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

Fabulous Thai food in authentic setting. We had prawn tom yam soup and pineapple chicken. Faultless flavour, packed with prawns / chicken and lovely service. Recommended.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Courteous, friendly service and beautifully prepared authentic Thai cuisine at reasonable prices. Hard to beat. Best in Whangarei.