“Create your own simple meal”
Review of Gengy's

Gengy's
Ranked #37 of 158 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Mongolian style BBQ buffet restaurant. Try different combinations of meats, sauces and other fresh ingredients! Pancakes and ice-cream for desert.
Reviewed 13 January 2020

Great fun watching people put together their unique dinner which is cooked to perfection every time. Starters and desserts are also great

Date of visit: January 2020

Reviewed 12 January 2020

When visiting this restaurant, you'd better arrive early, for even though it closes at 9pm, it will only have customers come to 8pm to guarantee that everyone of then is catered for.
Many options for all to create their own noodle dishes, great service, dessert included at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 8 December 2019

After booking for a large group, and travelling over an hour and a half to get there on time, we all got to the restaurant a little over 15 minutes before our booking, time.
The young female worker was very polite and catered to our needs throughout the evening, the chefs were amazing and very professional, they were awesome to the younger members of our group and made them feel special and grown up, the food was fresh and plentiful, and cooked to perfection.
The only problem I had was the manager, she didn’t want to seat us earlier, then when our tables were ready, another group entered the same time as us, when we were getting showed to our tables she came over and said we needed to pay before we could sit down, i asked her why that was, to which she replied, “because you have such a large group”. I then said “that other group that have just been shown to their tables is just a big as ours and they arent paying”! I ended up telling her I’’d pay when we’d finished our meals, unless she was going to get the other group to come up and pay for theirs before they ate too. She had no answer to that and walked away, visibly disgruntled with my answer.
After our meal I went to the counter to pay, but had to wait while she was on the phone, she didn’t say anything or acknowledge me, one of the chefs came and attended to me, I paid, thanked him, and the other staff members and then turned to the manager and told her she was rude before walking out.

Date of visit: December 2019
3  Thank NGAPUHIDUDE1
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Great service as usual, excellent food. we went there as a group of 25+ celebrating our 21st and thoroughly enjoyed it. THANK YOU

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 29 August 2019

My family used to love this restaurant... it used to be an amazing dining experience - however things have changed. Late last year we went and while the food was good the service was appalling. My daughter decided she wanted to go there for her birthday next week so I rang to make a booking as I couldn't do it online. No-one answered so I left a message & marked it as urgent as it was only a week away from the big day. No reply from Gengys... so I rang again the following afternoon & again I left a message marked urgent. No reply again. Then today they ring & have the nerve to tell me they have been trying to get hold of me but nobody has answered their calls. I have checked bith the home phone & my mobile call logs and there has been no missed calls. Is this is the way you treat your customers by lying to them & making them think your tardiness is somehow their fault? I have now booked elsewhere and will not return to Gengys ... ever!

Date of visit: August 2019